Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Vintage Betty's Holiday Contest

RetroBabydoll

A-List Customer
Snookie said:
All right, here's my contribution. Everyone's pictures are so good!

We did a performance at a Christmas party on Saturday, and took pictures in the lobby afterwards. Forgot to get a pic with my hubby in front of the tree, so I guess it's just the girls for this contest!

ChristmasJpeg.jpg
This is such a wonderful photo! You do have a Judy Garland look!

J. M. Stovall

Call Me a Cab
That looks pretty "Dead On" to me! Great photo! :eusa_clap

Snookie said:
All right, here's my contribution. Everyone's pictures are so good!

We did a performance at a Christmas party on Saturday, and took pictures in the lobby afterwards. Forgot to get a pic with my hubby in front of the tree, so I guess it's just the girls for this contest!

ChristmasJpeg.jpg

That looks pretty "Dead On" to me! Great photo!

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Driving home for Christmas (cue the Chris Rea number!)

(NOTE: If you are feeling really Christmassy by this point in Betty's Competition, theres 'a wee' clip of Bing Crosby singing WHITE CHRISTMAS at the bottom of this entry :) HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!)

USATRIP07036.jpg

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y1GPxcxrBkI&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y1GPxcxrBkI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Sweet Leilani

A-List Customer
I took this photo this morning- Santa arriving in Quakertown, PA via 1948 diesel locomotive. I'll try to get some more personal photos ASAP (if I can still fit into anything vintage!)

1Santaarrivesbytrain2007.jpg

pennyseranade

One of the Regulars
Sweet Leilani said:
I took this photo this morning- Santa arriving in Quakertown, PA via 1948 diesel locomotive. I'll try to get some more personal photos ASAP (if I can still fit into anything vintage!)

1Santaarrivesbytrain2007.jpg

Never did understand why Quakertown never gets a steam locomotive?? They DO have the means, since the staion has been restored for about two years now, and they're friends with the people who own them at Kemton, Strasburg, etc. Sad that Quakertown doesn't have much of a historical preservation mindset, we know the folks who own Sine's VERY well. Bill says its been like that for YEARS,...too sad. I can't bring myself to buy the Quakertown history book they have out now, I just cant bare to see the photos of what used to be and to know what is there and not there now.

Diesels are nice, but you can't beat the old steam power! My husband's father used to take him down to the tracks back home,...his father used to know some of the old timers there. he's been around trains for years when he was a kid,...got sick of them actually,...LOL!!! well, he still loves them though!!

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
mingoslim said:
I beleive that Vintage Betty owes us a second prize . . .

I tell ya, give a man a little judging power, and now he calls the shots! :D

Since Judge Mingoslim requested it, here it is, the second prize of Vintage Betty's Holiday Contest!

Vintage Tie Tac with very cool Roman Hat!

free_tietac121607.JPG

Remember, for each 10 PEOPLE entering the contest, Vintage Betty rounds up another prize! Everyone's photos are looking great and it will be SOOOO hard to choose!

Vintage Betty

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Third judge now announced!

The third Judge is now announced! Congratulations to Mr. Carter, who has agreed to be the third Judge in the contest!

Only a few more days to enter!

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy