Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hollywood Stars and their Dogs (PICTORIAL)

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
More Of Powell With His Pup

WPrt6-1.jpg

Cousin Hepcat

Practically Family
Lady Day said:
Im gonna re create this photo with my dog!

LD

lol lol If you do, we'll keep the thread open for ya!

Marc Chevalier said:
This is one of the coolest threads ever, paws down. :eusa_clap Cousin Hepcat!

Thanks Marc, it looked like too much fun to pass up :) LOVE the Karloff pic

Swing High,
- Cousin Hepcat

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Interesting to see that the Hollywood tendency to have tiny dogs is not a new one - though the chihuahua seems to be a relatively new phenomenon. I love big dogs meself.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oh man, I just about died laughing when I saw one of these movies....

temp_hwdogs04.jpg

It wasn't this one I saw but, I saw another one of their movies with dogs... it was kind of a "Cops and Robbers" type of flick... it was so funny! Seeing all these dogs dressed up and talking... oh man, it's so corny but, that's why I love it I guess! Who made these flicks with all dog casts? I'd love to find some on DVD!

To me, dogs in the 30's and 40's were just hilarious! They did some fun stuff and were very charming... I'm not really a Dog person but, if I found a dog that looked just like Asta, I'd have to have him! I'd also train him to do tricks just as William Powell demonstrates in this fun clip!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uusNkrmeRSM&search=william powell

There were some great dogs in the movies and the stars loved them!

=WR=

PS. The photo of Nick, Nora and Asta looking in the fridge is a classic!

Powerhouse

One of the Regulars
Great stuff!

I was kicking the idea around of taking some snapshots of my dogs and I for some time now. This thread has re-inspired me to do so. Can't wait. Should be easy, now that my dogs will listen to me. They haven't left me alone since my return from Southern California. Dogs are the best... loyal, friendly, always happy to see you... and their much cuter than... cats. Hahaha cats, no thanks! NOT for me. Hahaha. lol lol lol

As for my faves of this lot...

Maureen O'Sullivan, 1933...anytime!

and Humphrey Bogart (w/ Scottish terriers), 1940s I should recreate this one with my Mini-Schnauzers

Gray Ghost

A-List Customer
Cousin Hepcat said:
temp_hwdogs08.jpg

Humphrey Bogart (w/ Scottish terriers), 1940s

So, which pics are your faves? and does anyone else have similar neat vintage pics of folks with their pets to share. Uh-oh, I feel the start of a new collection coming on... lol

Man, I've really been wanting to get another dog lately

Swing High,
- Cousin Hepcat

Bogie with Scotties are definitely my favorite. I have been toying with the idea of getting a Scottie and now I may have too.

GG

BeBopBaby

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Interesting to see that the Hollywood tendency to have tiny dogs is not a new one - though the chihuahua seems to be a relatively new phenomenon. I love big dogs meself.

Xavier Cugat always had a chihuahua with him.

I'm a little dog fan myself. I'm partial to scotties. Headstrong little buggers though...

I have a book about Silent Film Stars and the beginning and the end of the book has pictures of the silent film stars bioed in the book with their dogs. There's an adorable picture of Marion Davies and her little daschunds.

cherry lips

Call Me a Cab
Stars and Pups

Inspired by the adorable Lounger's Pets thread, and because my collection has accumulated over time, I thought I'd share pics of two things I love: (old Hollywood) celebrities and puppies <3 Please post sweet pics I might have missed!

JayneMansfieldpuppies.jpg

natalie-wood-puddle.jpg

puppriscilla.jpg

paulpup.jpg

errolflynn-pup.jpg

puppybardot.jpg

mariannedog.jpg

littlelizwpups.jpg

Marilyn-Monroe--Puppy.jpg

puppydee.jpg

Puppy love!

Forum statistics