Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hollywoodland

Hondo

One Too Many
Feraud said:
Some people lament that Sundance is not what is used to be.

Thats because some have sold off tickets, over price to events, you lose the small town feel and the crowd has gotten larger then some would like.

Badluck Brody

Practically Family
Hollywood Land

I'm about half way through Hollywood Land and I have to say, it's pretty sharp... Kinda reminds me of China Town or the Two Jakes... or even better LA Confidential.

I hate to say it, but after watching some of these flicks, I would love one of those old B&W cruisers... In addition to about ten other rides I've been dreaming of!!

Just thought I'd throw this out there during a short break for station identification... or something like that!

Cheers!

carter

I'll Lock Up
Those old cruisers

Badluck Brody said:
I'm about half way through Hollywood Land and I have to say, it's pretty sharp... Kinda reminds me of China Town or the Two Jakes... or even better LA Confidential.
I hate to say it, but after watching some of these flicks, I would love one of those old B&W cruisers... In addition to about ten other rides I've been dreaming of!!
Just thought I'd throw this out there during a short break for station identification... or something like that!
Cheers!

I'll take Jake Gittes' ragtop! :D

A.R. McVintage

It was a good movie. Using Affleck--a man more known for his personal life than his talent to play a man known for the same was a stroke of genius. And seeing it before The Black Dahlia only made De Palma's hacksterpiece that much more shameful.

The only other decent noir that year was The Good German.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy