Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holy grail? 1929 suit

DamianM

Vendor
il_570xN.528176978_oni5.jpg

Im already finishing the knickers to match this cap. next i make a vest

cpdv

One of the Regulars
I find if people already expect you to dress in this way you can get away with loud suits. I would wear that suit if it was anywhere near my size.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I find if people already expect you to dress in this way you can get away with loud suits.
Yes, if your entire wardrobe is of similarly bold cloth then this suit will not stand out.
But if your wardrobe is generally conservative, then this suit is made from what I would call 'once a month' cloth. I got that from an old Italian tailor. He said if you wear something so bold, more than once a month, it will be so memorable to those around you that you will be known (in this case) as 'the guy in the brown check suit'.

As a cloth for a sportcoat it is more wearable (repeatable) as you can switch out different color trousers to mitagate its memorability. Of course that's if you care about how you are perceived to others.

cpdv

One of the Regulars
Yes, if your entire wardrobe is of similarly bold cloth then this suit will not stand out.
But if your wardrobe is generally conservative, then this suit is made from what I would call 'once a month' cloth. I got that from an old Italian tailor. He said if you wear something so bold, more than once a month, it will be so memorable to those around you that you will be known (in this case) as 'the guy in the brown check suit'.

As a cloth for a sportcoat it is more wearable (repeatable) as you can switch out different color trousers to mitagate its memorability. Of course that's if you care about how you are perceived to others.

I live in a town of roughly 20k people in Maine where suits of any sort stand out and especially my vintage stuff but I'm already known as the guy who looks like jay Gatsby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner