Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Holy Grail LVC/Aero Leather Jacket

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
This jacket is my personal all-time favorite leather jacket style. It is from an old LVC contract made by Aero in pristine condition. If it fit me I would have snatched it up immediately. There were no bids and the seller relisted it. So this is your chance to get an awesome jacket that, in my mind, surpasses all of Aero's current designs. Take a look at the breast pocket. It is killer. This jacket was so complicated to make that Aero had only one machinist skilled enough to do the work at the time.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

http://www.ebay.de/itm/201001242700?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Edward

Bartender
I wonder if Aero will reintroduce this one. There was some kind of a deal done with LVC over the design that eventually became the Speedster, to the effect that Aero would eventually have full ownershpi of the design (or, at least, the elements of a vintage design that can legally be owned, which would be the patterns in particular). Perhapsthey did the same with this? I'm sure I read somewhere that Ken intended to introduce more new designs in Spring 2014.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I wonder if Aero will reintroduce this one. There was some kind of a deal done with LVC over the design that eventually became the Speedster, to the effect that Aero would eventually have full ownershpi of the design (or, at least, the elements of a vintage design that can legally be owned, which would be the patterns in particular). Perhapsthey did the same with this? I'm sure I read somewhere that Ken intended to introduce more new designs in Spring 2014.

They are going to reintroduce this model in spring, but minus the chest pocket. It seems to be too difficult to make.

BK, didn't the 70s often mimic the 30s? To me the front looks awesome, especially with the pocket. But the collar is also a nice deviation from Aero's usual shapeless collars. For my own jackets I asked them to make to collars curvier to give them a little panache.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
I disagree. I don't think the front is overloaded. The chest pocket is very subtle, too, and it just oozes style. I guess there is no accounting or taste.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Haha, you see? I like the button front much better and the collar is also a nice departure from Aero's standard fare. To each his own. :)

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Pretty tight for a size 40, no ?

I think he got the measurement wrong. Looks like he measured from the side seam, effectively omitting the side panel. If he measure the back from front side seam to front side seam (if you know what I mean) that would probably be 23 inches or more instead of 19.

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Actually, it was made from their mid-weight A-2 leather. Ken told me this jacket works best with the lightest leather available. It seems they also did a version part leather, part whipcord.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24