Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburg Nation

My last entry for tonight is the pride of my collection. I love these 1940s Royal Stetson De Luxes. This one is in particularly good condition and fits like a dream.

2-1/2 inch brim, 5-1/2 inch open crown.
View attachment 584672
View attachment 584673
View attachment 584674
View attachment 584675
View attachment 584676
View attachment 584677
View attachment 584678
This is not just a visit to the homburg nation, but an invasion! Some gorgeous homburgs you've displayed here, Nathan! Fair warning, but it may already be too late: homburgs are addictive!

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I never saw The Dead live, but I do enjoy their music. College was a lot of fun…seems like yesterday and like a lifetime ago at the same time.
I’m the same - I never saw them live. I didn’t start listening until 1993, which is around the time period I’m guessing your photo is from. Then I joined the military and Jerry died while I was overseas.

I actually had tickets to see Dead and Co.’s final concert in Chicago last summer, but my sickness kept me from going. Despite never seeing them, I’m still a big fan.

Glad my comment didn’t offend - some folks might not appreciate being compared to Deadheads. But the college heads I knew were all really switched-on guys, so it was definitely a complement.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
This is not just a visit to the homburg nation, but an invasion! Some gorgeous homburgs you've displayed here, Nathan! Fair warning, but it may already be too late: homburgs are addictive!
Thanks, Stefan. I have a few more worth posting sometime in the near future. And you might be right - I could very well become a permanent resident here!

Black Knox Superfine in size 7 ⅝. It’s a snug fit, but mostly it’s the diminutive brim that turns me off. Too bad as the felt is very nice and the condition is outstanding.

IMG_0953.jpeg
IMG_0956.jpeg
IMG_0959.jpeg
IMG_0954.jpeg
IMG_0961.jpeg
IMG_0962.jpeg
IMG_0963.jpeg
IMG_0964.jpeg
IMG_0967.jpeg
IMG_0968.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads