Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Homburgs?

astaire

One of the Regulars
Stetson St. Regis

This is my second vintage purchase and it's a Stetson Royal Deluxe St. Regis. Bought it because i like the color so much and the box that comes with it.

stetshom2.jpg

What period would you all think this homburg came from (my rough, uneducated guess would be in the 30's)? Do St. Regis hats have beaver in their felt content?

Any comments would be welcome.

Bogey1943, you look stunning in your homburg with the herringbone overcoat! changed my mind about fedorizing it now.

Thanks All...

Fortino37

Familiar Face
New member likes Homburgh style

Hi, my name is Fortino and love hats, I wore them since I was 19, my first hat was a cheap wool Indiana Jones repro I bought in 1990, few years later my grandfather gave me two fedoras he wore in the 50's, and now my collection has grown. few years a go I bought my first Homburg, a real beauty, a brown Stetson St. Regis from the 40's, actually have 10 in my collection (Mallory, Dobbs, Resistol), I like to use them any time I can, I'll try to post few pictures to the forum.

normal_PICT0171%7E0.jpg

A big salute form Mexico

Fortino37

Fortino37

Familiar Face
My homburg collection

This is my Homburg collection, my treasures.

Homburgs1.jpg

Brown Stetson St. Regis, Green Stetson St. Regis, Grey Stetson Special, Black Stetson Vita-Felt.

Homburgs2.jpg

Brown Dobbs15, Blue Dobbs, Black Mallory, Grey Resistol10

Homburgs3.jpg

Can't remember maker, and a Light Grey Aetna by Lee

Fortino37

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
This is my Homburg collection, my treasures.

That's a nice little trove. I said it on another thread, and I'll say it again here, Fortino37, the homburg suits you, it looks great. It's an unusual hat for this day and age, it takes a certain look and a certain something or other to pull it off. You definitely pull it off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn