Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hope & Help for Ellery Queen DVD release

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
There is news today that 1970's NBC series Banacek, with George (A-Team) Peppard, will be released on DVD.

Apparently, it will be under a "TV Guide Presents" banner. They are aquiring other titles and will release a new set a month. Banacek is from NBC Universal which also producerd of Ellery Queen, at about the same time.

Hopefully, some screwy rights issue isn't going to keep Queen from our DVD players. The show was a great example of the Golden Age we love.

If you want it on DVD, let's email TVGuide.Com and tell them so!

Thanks

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
BegintheBeguine said:
Will do. I loved those shows when my mom used to watch them. My best friend had kind of a crush on George (Breakfast at Tiffany's) Peppard.

Great story George Hamilton tells about George Peppard.

The two of them were at a some function when a little boy walked up to Peppard and said "Are you a movie star?" Peppard looked down and said "No young man, I am an actor."

The little boy looked puzzled. He turned to Hamilton and asked "Are you an actor?" With a big grin on his face, Hamiton said, "Nope. I'm a movie star."

Hamilton said it was moment that reminded him never to take himself too seriously.

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
HAPPY DAY!! HAPPY DAY!!!

An OFFICIAL announcement of an Ellery Queen - The COMPLETE series DVD release. It is coming out in late August.

Two questions are not answered though in the news release. Will they be uncut (meaning the clever "Match wits with Ellery Queen and see if you can guess whodunit?" open is there)? And will it include the two hour pilot movie?

Read it here: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Ellery-Queen-The-Complete-Series/13669

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters