Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Horrible Dream

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
This is quite sad and random but, I had a horrible dream involving my favorite hat, my mystery 40's fedora. It started out as going down to the store that I work at that has a 40's hat stretcher. I dunked it in water, then put it on the stretcher. All went well until it turned into the material of a costume hat, kinda plastic-fuzzy ish before my eyes. It became the shape of a top-hat and green!:eek: Anyone have any Hat-mares?

Here's the stretcher:
Industrial_Aluminum_Electric_Hat_St.jpg

The Hat:
Imported010.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
J.J. Gittes said:
Nope its a large 7 1/8 basically 7 1/4, stretched to 7 3/8 . Hows it familiar?

There was a hat on that auction site a few weeks ago that looked "very similar" to your hat. My memory served up size 7 3/8 but I could be wrong.

Hmmm... Howard Hughes..... The hat I'm thinking of was advertised as a "Howard Hughes" hat..... a Dobbs I believe.......

J.J. Gittes

A-List Customer
CRH said:
There was a hat on that auction site a few weeks ago that looked "very similar" to your hat. My memory served up size 7 3/8 but I could be wrong.

Hmmm... Howard Hughes..... The hat I'm thinking of was advertised as a "Howard Hughes" hat..... a Dobbs I believe.......
If you find the site, post it. I'm always looking for similar stuff.

metropd

One Too Many
I've had a nightmare that my hat keeps molding into my hair, till it becomes part of my hair, and I end up with a giant pompadour. :eek: :eek: :eek:

pauljmuk

New in Town
maaaaan.....

What a very odd, yet spookily oddly familar post.

I've been toying wit hat purchase for months, finally getting my Akubra a couple of weeks back. I love it and wear it every day. Last week I woke up in a dream that felt clear as day - thought the hat had been left in the road and was being reversed over by a neighbour- you know those dreams that are SO real, you would happily argue the chances of reality with your better half? - it was one of those!

I think these things get inside our heads, as well as on top of them!
:eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner