Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hourglass figure

MissHannah

One Too Many
I'm definitely liking the Cello idea, especially as I play the cello!

I'm 34-26-37 which by definition should make me a pear but I always think I look rather straight up and down when I see photos. Maybe it's because I'm quite tall. I always pad out my bullet bras for a more hourglassish shape and I love how bigger boobs make my waist look smaller. I'm a big fan of my rounded backend - my hips are a little squarish which I'm not so keen on but I'm not going to get hung up about it. [huh]

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Youre a straight or rectangle shape de-stressed. There is nothing wrong with that, thats just what you are.

Again, the definition of hourglass is an equal measure of the bust and hip with a 10" smaller difference in waist. We can shape and measure and be hourglass like, but the traditional measure of hourglass is that.

It is incredibly rare to be an hourglass figure. Thats why its an ideal.

LD

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Ah well nothing, missy :)!

You have a much better chance finding clothing that proportionally fits ya than I do! It either fits in the hips and is too large in the waist, or it fits in the waist but is too small in the bust! ARG!

Thats why I gave up buying RTW. Clothing just isnt mass produced for my body type.

LD

Odile

New in Town
I completely agree--I guess I am technically an hourglass, although a much larger one than I would like. It may be considered an "ideal" shape but it makes buying modern clothing very difficult. I am 41-30-41 and its hard to find off the rack garments that fit me in the bust and hips and still cinch in enough at the waist. Maybe this is why I love 50s dresses with full skirts so much.

Tourbillion

Practically Family
Grant Fan said:
I just found this article http://www.diet-blog.com/05/the_end_of_the_hourglass_figure.php?page=5 but it only served to confuse me more as I do not fit the hourglass criteria or the spoon criteria :eusa_doh:. What shape am I ? Oh I know I am a strange new shape called the Norwuban (what you get when you cross and Norwegian with a Cuban)

You could just call it "perfect", I'm sure many guys will agree. ;)

You can put your measurements in myshape.com and they give you a letter for your shape. They have M, Y, S, H, A, P, E. Their M and A are "pear" but both have a defined waist. They put me as an S, which is supposedly hourglass, but I think I am more or an M, since I have broad shoulders.

There are lots of other systems too. I don't think you really need to put labels on it, except that it would help in finding clothes that fit actual humans. Also, for everyone, I wouldn't stress too much about the labels, there are hot and not so hot women in every category.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Grant Fan said:
I just found this article http://www.diet-blog.com/05/the_end_of_the_hourglass_figure.php?page=5 but it only served to confuse me more as I do not fit the hourglass criteria or the spoon criteria :eusa_doh:. What shape am I ? Oh I know I am a strange new shape called the Norwuban (what you get when you cross and Norwegian with a Cuban)
And I am short so finding pants or anything on bottom besides mens pants or pencil skirts is difficult. And all need shortening.

swinggal

One Too Many
I am 38-31-40. No jeans ever fit my waist, well back when jeans were at the waist. It was always such a pain as I'd have the loose back all the time.

Land-O-LakesGal

Practically Family
Tourbillion said:
You could just call it "perfect", I'm sure many guys will agree. ;)

You can put your measurements in myshape.com and they give you a letter for your shape. They have M, Y, S, H, A, P, E. Their M and A are "pear" but both have a defined waist. They put me as an S, which is supposedly hourglass, but I think I am more or an M, since I have broad shoulders.

There are lots of other systems too. I don't think you really need to put labels on it, except that it would help in finding clothes that fit actual humans. Also, for everyone, I wouldn't stress too much about the labels, there are hot and not so hot women in every category.
According to this sight I am a Y with athletic arms (aka big) they don't think I should wear 40's style blouses and wanted to direct me to sleeveless. Ok I personally think sleeveless just lets you see how fat my arms are sleeves help mask maybe they are worried I will not fit into all the sleeves. Haha

Emer

One of the Regulars
I'm an hour glass, and I like it. Well, what if your waist is a little more than 10 inches smaller? I'm a 36-25-36. I'm guessing still an hour glass?

Lillemor

One Too Many
Emer said:
I'm an hour glass, and I like it. Well, what if your waist is a little more than 10 inches smaller? I'm a 36-25-36. I'm guessing still an hour glass?

Those are some spectacular measurements. I think I used to be closer to an hour glass before I had children. I remember that one piece dresses, longer dress jackets never fit right and I really had to pull the belt in my jeans tight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR