Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How about that vintage western look

BoPeep

Practically Family
Okay, I had to google "cowichan." Found a couple authentic sweaters. Didn't realize I had such a good repro! :)

cowichan1.jpg
cowichan2.jpg

Gene

Practically Family
I'm glad there's other people on here that appreciate the vintage western look! As a cowboy & western singer/vintage clothing lover the two go hand in hand.

KenCarsonCowgirl

New in Town
And in front of that gorgeous '48 Chrysler Traveler (I think) at the lower right is Roy's replacement in the Sons of the Pioneers, Pat Brady. Brady was Roy's "comical sidekick" in the TV show. The show featured Roy Rogers, "King of the Cowboys", and his horse Trigger, along with Dale Evans "Queen of the West", and her horse Buttermilk. Pat Brady drove a banged up Jeep named Nellybelle. These are the things you remember from childhood TV watching, even after almost 60 years.

Pat Brady was swell. I'm still miffed that he went and died so young. :D In this picture, we've got from left to right, top row: Hugh Farr (fiddle, bass vocals), Tim Spencer (vocals), Bob Nolan (vocals); bottom row, Karl Farr (guitar) Lloyd Perryman (vocals) and Pat Brady (bass fiddle and comic). This picture was probably taken in 1946 or 47, from their appearance. *Maybe*, but not likely, taken in 1948, right before Bob left the group.
I'd love to have a car like that. :D

Mr Badger

Practically Family
Reading up. ;)

That's an excellent tome! I really love the book about Nudie's Rodeo Tailors, too:

booklrg01.jpg

Here are three of my western-themed jackets – LtoR: 1960s FFA jacket, mid-1960s Wrangler Bluebell 8MJZ jacket with vintage patches (the bottom one's felt), and a Japanese repro Wrangler 12MJ jacket...

292717_10152167484340471_1781108118_n.jpg

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
OK guess I just like to give my opinion on any topic,anyway Nudie Suits are absolutely amazing for what they are ,that being said rhinestones and horse s@#tonly works in the show ring not so much with fixng fences ect. this goes along with a lot of the beautiful western shirts that are out there also ie;PanHandle Slim,Roper,Cinch,and Wrangler just to name a few not very practical,I have a handful of them myself,absolutely love loud long sleeve shirts not a lot of opportunity to wear them living with a bunch of horses though,but to worry about what people think of you because of how you dress has never made any sense to me.I'm not really stuck on the baggy jeans hanging off ones ass showing their Calvin Klein underwear look but that's their choice.To each there own.Be yourself and if you like Lime Green shirts with Blue slacks it's your right to do so,peace,love and harmony folks.Being computer illiterate as soon as I figure out how to post pics I'lldo so,yes I've read the instructions still not really sure how it all works.

Last edited:

nice hat dude!

One Too Many
Just thought I would send a picture of some of my loud western shirts there are more in solid colors ie;black,white,red,blue no yellow or green as of yet...maybe soon?It's not my fault they keep putting the pretty one's beside the checkout.Sorry that they're not vintage but I thought you might like to see anyway,wife's camera
and I'm not very good with it.

other011.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner