Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How did you find the lounge?

Steve

Practically Family
I came here from Club Obi-Wan. The Indiana Jones hobby showed me indirectly just how fine the Golden Era was. I haven't gotten into the hobby full swing yet, but my first fedora should be here soon. :fedora:

Marty M.

Vendor
I was lost. And now I'm found.

I was doing some research about vintage barbershops on Yahoo. Got pointed here. I'm staying.

Marty

WEEGEE

Practically Family
LOOKING FOR MY NEXT HAT

I was searching out information on hat history...found the lounge...

was a guest forever...until MK or Matt ....made a point on a post about all

the lerkers not joining...i just always followed the Grocho Marx idea...i would

never be a member of a club that would have me as a member.

Well only a fool would not want to take part in such an informative, creative,

diverse and giving community.

thanks again...

:cheers1:

Slate Shannon

One of the Regulars
Someone posted a link to the Lounge in a Yahoo group that I used to belong to, I think it was the New Victorians, but I don't remember who posted it. I was a regular visitor for about a month, liked what I saw, and joined.

LadyPowers

Familiar Face
jamespowers said:
If I remember right, I was searching for something to do with vintage hats on Teoma. Fedora equals Fedora Lounge. ;)
Super resource for everything vintage. Thanks MK. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

I found The Fedora Lounge the same day JP did while reading over his shoulder.

Regards,

Lady Powers

humblestumble

One of the Regulars
I was searching for Fedoras because I have loved them since 6th grade...the look of them, anyway. I don't know much about different styles and whatnot, but I have a book of knit hat patterns, and a fedora is one of them,... I was just googling Fedoras so that I might learn more of where to find them to buy and such. And I came here....so glad I found it!

jkath

New in Town
I quite possibly may be the newest member here - yesterday, to be exact.:)
I googled "1940's hairstyles discussion", I think, in hopes to find a living breathing group of folks who knew their stuff. Immediately I was whisked away to the powder room!
After doing searches for the last couple of weeks on the subject of fashion in the 30's and 40's, I've come to realize that I would like to learn more, and begin purchasing the gorgeous clothing I've always admired. (So far, only my cookbooks and one mink cape are of the era)

Dr. Shocker

One of the Regulars
You know its funny I was rereading this thread to see what some of the new folks had to say and realised I never responded......

sitting bored at work one day I decided to try and find some of the sites I used to frequent, I hit Atomic and yes you guessed the rest. I sandbagged for a while before jumping into the swing of things and have loved the FL ever since......its nice to have a wide variety of folks with the same interest and varying levels of expertise in one place.......a round of drinks for all of you (not all at once)

Scuffy

One of the Regulars
What is this Fedora Lounge place everyone keeps talking about??:p

Actually I had been surfing the net for information on Hollywood glamour style photography and landed at Jim Ferreira's site (Film Noir Portraiture) www.lafterhall.com/filmnoir.html where after drooling for a while I checked out his links page and in a hop skip and a jump (my keyboard has never been the same since those wingtips landed on it!) I found myself over here lurking for a while. Speaking of... where is Jim???

Great site folks! I talk about it everywhere I go and even have the thing set as my home page here at the radio station. It tends to get some odd looks by the other jocks- seeing as though we are a country station!

Cheers! :cheers1:

Solid Citizen

Practically Family
Lounge Addict!

1. Found Lounge also via Atomic Magazine.

2. Great forum sites are the ones you can LEARN
something from which is the case here @ FL.

3. This site stays on message all fashion things etc.
1930's/1940's!

4. The overall civil tone here is another reason the
FL is addictive.

Peter ;)

Rigby Reardon

One of the Regulars
Hey, it took a while for me to remember, but I just remembered the REAL reason I got here...after the IndyGear QM III Summit (back in 2004), MattDeckard made a point of telling me to come check out the FL. So I'm HIS fault. ;)

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
Found it while looking for info on A2 jackets and other Army Air Force equipment and uniforms. Found more than I bargained for and I'm glad I did. Lots of valuable information to be learned here and it's of course also nice to know there are still a lot of people with real class that appreciate style, history, and art. It's a great escape from the apalling lack of culture that is pervading the world today.Hats off, ( pun not really intended) to the administrators of the site for putting it all together. :cheers1:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn