Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Did Your Hat Come In Handy Today?

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Rain today in The Swamp. Though normally i wouldn't wear a felt in the hot humid weather, I grabbed my green Crofut & Knapp, and it kept my hair dry.

The water I waded through to my car was deeper than my Eddie Bauer ankle-high rain boots, though.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Today I wore a wider-brimmed straw while golfing to correct a strange development in my swing follow-through. For unknown reasons, I started bringing my hands back near my head on the left rather than finishing nice and high and a foot or so away. The straw gets in the way of the bad follow-through. It seems to have done the trick!

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
:bump2: :bump:

To get this thread going again...

Today, my Stefeno fedora came in handy hiding a flower arrangement for my parents' anniversary. I wasn't sure if my mother was home when I got back from the flower shop, so just in case, I managed to obscure most of the arrangement beneath the crown on my hat.

Any other handy hats out there lately?

-Steven

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
It was upper 30's with a 15-20mph breeze all day today, I was out and about a good bit and I have no hair. Yeah, my Tumwater came in real handy today. As a bonus, I received two "nice hat" complements from people I don't know. About 10 minutes apart. Must have had the angle just right or something...

Swing Motorman

One of the Regulars
Yes, some cars are bad for hats of even modest crown height... even some of my uniform caps hit the ceilings in small cars! But you reminded me of another handy-dandy feature of wide-brimmed fedoras: personal sunshades.

I lost my driving sunglasses a few months ago, and since then, I've been countering sunglare by angling my hat. When the car's sunshades won't work, a simple tip of the hat does! Only problem is, this works so well that I still haven't replaced the sunglasses. [huh]

-Steven

DNO

One Too Many
While shopping the other day I was frankly too lazy to go back to the entrance and get a basket so my Stetson 3X beaver did double duty as a shopping basket. Worked great. Hats...can't do without 'em.

Shohei

Familiar Face
My wool Dobbs kept my head warm and dry while clearing out the drive way with the snowblower... er snow thrower ahem, pardon me. The wind was up and seemed to just trying to see how much snow that hat could take. A lot, and its no worse for the wear!

Gromulus

Practically Family
My wool Tilley (with the ear and forehead flaps) came in handy while plowing and snowblowing today. My Moonstone FEDIV worked out well for Mass and dinner afterwards.

Old western 2X Stetson conversion kept sun out of my eyes, off my face & broke the wind just fine.
In the barn, it kept the dust I was stirring up off my head.
Same hat this morning kept my head warm feeding the herd when it was 24F...

MikePotts

Practically Family
I used my Stetson 'Retro' to bring more eggs into the house than my hands could carry:

P1010274.jpg

MP

smokepiper

New in Town
Must be some funky chicken. Nice lid though.

Oddly, they look blue and pink in the pic. Took a minute to realize they were shadows on white and brown eggs. Still a nice hat.

MikePotts

Practically Family
Must be some funky chicken. Nice lid though.

Oddly, they look blue and pink in the pic. Took a minute to realize they were shadows on white and brown eggs. Still a nice hat.

Actually they are more muted in the pic. than in the flesh....if eggs can be in the flesh.....anyhoo - the greenish and blueish eggs are from Ameraucana chickens, sometimes called Easter Egg Chickens, the pale browns are from Plymouths and the darker browns from Rhode Island Reds.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
I wore a palm straw Sun Body hat in the swimming pool to keep my head protected from the sun. Yes, it did get wet, but it can take it.

tealseal

A-List Customer
My hat is what I put my belt and pocket contents in when going through airport security. At the other end, I grab shoes, hat, bag, and get out of the way

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic