Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How does one properly tie a wind trolley?

daddydg

New in Town
How does one properly tie/secure a wind trolley around a hat? I have an Akubra Campdraft with a wind trolley which has come loose.

Mav

A-List Customer
daddydg said:
How does one properly tie/secure a wind trolley around a hat? I have an Akubra Campdraft with a wind trolley which has come loose.
I've had the same problem with mine since I got it, and had to fix it again today. It loosens up over time.
Pry that button apart, and re- clamp it.
Or do what I'm going to do next time, and cut the damned thing off. Looks cool, but if you've ever tried to use it for its intended purpose, you'd find that you can't get it up over the crown without the button falling apart anyway. Great idea; bad functionality.

You don't technically "tie" a wind cord.
You make a loop like with a lariat. The button end has a loop, like the honda of a lariat. You pull the main part of the cord thru the honda loop to make the bigger loop that fits over the crown. Make the big loop as big as possible with the button part to the back of the hat, get it over the crown & slide it to below the band ribbon. To tighten the cord, push the button toward the back of the hat, keeping it down against the brim. I tuck my cord under the bow parts & between the bow & the brim all around the crown. HTH

W4ASZ

Practically Family
gtdean48 said:
You don't technically "tie" a wind cord.
You make a loop like with a lariat. The button end has a loop, like the honda of a lariat. You pull the main part of the cord thru the honda loop to make the bigger loop that fits over the crown. Make the big loop as big as possible with the button part to the back of the hat, get it over the crown & slide it to below the band ribbon. To tighten the cord, push the button toward the back of the hat, keeping it down against the brim. I tuck my cord under the bow parts & between the bow & the brim all around the crown. HTH

You have resolved a problem which I have not yet confronted.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy