Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
Received my William Lennon type 78 boots today. I asked them to leave off the metal parts on the sole because I didn't want to sound like an approaching Gestapo brigade every time I walked over asphalt, which is a bit of a daring adventure in Germany, and also asked them to do them a tad smaller than a size 8 as my size 8 Hills boots were a tad large. They did both of that without charging me any extra and the boots fit perfectly. Already wore them out today on a walk with the dog and they are a lot more comfortable from the start and easier to break in than my custom Work Boots from Bertl. Very happy.

Received my William Lennon type 78 boots today. I asked them to leave off the metal parts on the sole because I didn't want to sound like an approaching Gestapo brigade every time I walked over asphalt, which is a bit of a daring adventure in Germany, and also asked them to do them a tad smaller than a size 8 as my size 8 Hills boots were a tad large. They did both of that without charging me any extra and the boots fit perfectly. Already wore them out today on a walk with the dog and they are a lot more comfortable from the start and easier to break in than my custom Work Boots from Bertl. Very happy.

Really nice looking boots! Great choice there as well, 78's is what I would go for too.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
Pics of this as soon as it comes in......

Came in Friday and it is very nice. Working on pictures. Just lathered it up.

S2n5w4v40mv9TywQP-MZQjwdYbXYCwDEZa1iWaWsUknQgOIqTFvm7moL041i_7tyiaOr0IoOfQND9C8mndWs9dBkyljB2RnxDj0LbcHukNkI17H92fpP6gBhZcK7Cs46Uzs4IvZc-LmxDE-YAbfmcDA2eigt8KIt4wJ103i6GJqVQT5aONU1v1_f9u7wAqQpxm86Q05pVzEIFjKafw7tFWu98Nv9VzXFitSN4UQc050Qpdtl56mm2q5PLT_mnA3-lrxjaENGa9qRsAwvE831ITY9uj56yYm-r97qidDEjeiurK9F--moErMjQXNNmXYxyyzMZLA4Fp25QYAVRMPic8rbbw0qT4xUY54UTzOaKBa6JbrLPcACtDvsNNPYpGXEolcOJFslbsB3Ebz1iatcafNWdjRkfubIfmDnclnNy_PFiWNkKcVhnuedSA5WvufG-bDIhMJ8MGAgeAZXNYLxS5cr4ZR9AosxUXId9FmmRzwsk8m5UuENXkMVV9Fft0sh3hG0sEvddgarvNPT7gDO01r4NEoGje78Hx4ys58DLLMZAkGIw7GCaioDFnu6M0rGxiUjLgeco5j7T4710jTHid7x6WICiQjrBLB9M0Fa=w969-h643-no
RSZYjTDqyktB54ErfOsulWC2AvhG5yvzhzvcP9D8rhaPWE_Jo_U63rV4LiufstAwOZEBMPkrgAYCebpj-2L7acJLWNaSCHMIE5KWq9vR8dC0LEtvoDhw8zpEXNA7LhKLWdZLb3vLlpUhE3ofTYNibQg_HAj0jrtFcrSBpQyU0HlJgtoHB6oYaFCEgX7rd4uIVPeYMjhDq44sMojhmBFnxNAQvNHCTw2izkuELanEfnUhTWiKSYwsTyVQhB4jpMANxDRO1G2BEqCnJ4qoYP9w-KvAw0ARsODH86-Dm9SnI70Oa7-0oIRJVqjxKifJT_5jVKxAtnexXcF-5GDf_sIA2V8pmXT0OPmQqLqB-muiIpcq1pNRTmL0HXc6m1807ZsZNCY6IDAsjTLyIBU-Wu_yyogYVb3t6E6dMEfe5YnGJBXr7ZhiBYFVqRz63Jl3KHM9K95pai_Oc2FSnq09uCwO4rGSWiz0QQT76i8smWMcTOnh0mVXFXGug_pMHbqhkSEGtvr8n8u8wOSDBsp5qbvtx_L4e3J4TWnPE4lXtpDDYYu0vsnbJZt8Cm7gLMLDIq3XxIcEe2mQiFR7r4aWBOkBuu7UDXMMDctTB417KkEc=w480-h643-no
JqNqqjtQ1P0HyzDzjee5_2VHu7FKKEy4h4tzK6b2ujX3y3p5BF4Dmrn9oylfB74fwJv9RxgF7H1o7OQBTexgsYroyAvB_AjyCeIXKrjVSEGqgRYseqVyJjo88ciCh-TzFW1w__7k5GgVKjfcGEf9b_yR53NH4QU3xgWyl9kpWUAeoitQNIxRKrjtpQKm35ZbhfV71hYWL2s31zG05PSPuXVgjA5mwKf8q0uAm_jVSzEuP_N84JP94QpGVZH4JOHFzfXFQPaExcUrNsMKxJr9835Yzc0og1e7VyuVRA6Zj0xJtTQWP6hkBmSfNB36Jr-SUH5EzzbgjH0EU1eyMrkMtm4s-wWSyaZ1oWEaDORTupqX-Z5Yf11-SQ7rOgnnD_Kcl3Uoj0maxMHdfFpFlRh_iTmf2_3yIyLb_J_gN0GEn5H2G0WeyDALPvzoZJvj_SLqYxuKCTtLNhO0iCM-vxmolX4mKGW3JMCBBIR7bft8mc06rVUqNIx3lmum-nKNsrdMWGafQG8OR5TpnMpcuifP1FXobNLX15F_4l-t4fmgAMrMbxab5jQIdsrUXQisg19C-3pZjR0BUZInHUb_u0TSuzs6N2-kAj_t9ZHbiVb3=w969-h643-no

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have been doing my rotation of the Highwayman and 30s half belt. Quite content. I think I’ve found inner peace, for a while. Now comes the real world, aka moving out with the gf. It’s been fun while it lasted. New life adventures await.

Lol this coming from the guy that sold the jacket he told his gf she could keep....

Good luck with that!

Edward

Bartender

Mark

Practically Family
Is that blue Vicenza? Looks great!

Nice jacket; what a shame they haven't changed the model name, though.
Why do you not like it? Maybe drop the A1 bit as it does not look like an A1 to me. Thanks

Edward

Bartender
Why do you not like it? Maybe drop the A1 bit as it does not look like an A1 to me. Thanks

The "Aeronaut" appellation is too close to Aero for my tastes (much more experience trademark lawyers than I would agree). I know Aero did ask them to chance it, but, well.... BK. Shame, really, as I'm sure it's a very decent jacket in and of itself and would be nicer without any dispute issues hanging over it.

Mich486

One Too Many
Edward in my opinion I think it is a bit excessive to ask that.

After all it’s just a name of one model out of dozens BK make.

Is there a jacket made by aero called aeronaut? I thought only aeromarine. That would be a different story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They should have named it the "stork" or "egret" since the first to do this style in recent trend also named his jacket after a North American water bird. ;)
It isn't Aero's pattern they copied afterall...

Edward

Bartender
Edward in my opinion I think it is a bit excessive to ask that.

After all it’s just a name of one model out of dozens BK make.

Is there a jacket made by aero called aeronaut? I thought only aeromarine. That would be a different story.

In terms of trademark law, it would be considered a similar mark for an identical category of goods - a bit like Wrangler creating a model of jean and calling it the 'Lenni Strauss'. t's an arguable point, and highly expensive to pursue in territories where a mark is not registered. Poor form, though. It's the sort of thing that puts me off dealing with a company - but that's very much to personal preference, of course.

Edward

Bartender
They should have named it the "stork" or "egret" since the first to do this style in recent trend also named his jacket after a North American water bird. ;)
It isn't Aero's pattern they copied afterall...

Quite a few companies produced similar style jackets, certainly, after Himmel's offerings on that front popularised the style again.

Let's be careful about how we phrase things, though: there's a very distinct difference in law between 'copying' a style of jacket, and copying a pattern. It's perfectly legal to make a jacket, or any other garment, which looks the same as another, as copyright law by and large considers clothing designs to be utilitarian rather than creative. Patterns from which those jackets are made, however, involve significant effort and skill to create, and those are protected by copyright. Thus: buying a jacket, disassembling it and creating your own pattern, then grading for sizes, would be legal, but making a copy of the actual pattern used to make the jacket would be an actionable infringement of copyright.

Edward

Bartender
The jacket I've been waiting for, a black Arcadia from Good Wear.
It will be my second and probably last jacket.
My problem is Belts! Haven't decided which Trajan Vieira pattern or color to go with yet because they're all tasty. View attachment 104813 View attachment 104814

Nice jacket. The yoke on the front gives it a subtle Western feel, imo. I had a café racer years ago that had a very similar style - zipped sleeves and a plain back, of course, but collar aside a very similar look on the front. As I recall now, though, mine didn't have the chest pockets, which I think make yours look much better than it would be without them.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
The jacket I've been waiting for, a black Arcadia from Good Wear.
It will be my second and probably last jacket.
My problem is Belts! Haven't decided which Trajan Vieira pattern or color to go with yet because they're all tasty. View attachment 104813 View attachment 104814
Very nice, reminds me of Aero Hercules, which I've been lusting after for some time.

I said that about ten jackets ago! Eventually you just stop saying it to yourself, it's easier...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner