Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

regius

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That was a real mccoys railcoat. I nearly died wearing it. I was violently allergic to the wool. It was crazy over built. That wool jacket would stand up on it's own like a cxl jacket. Insane
NEARY DIED WEARING A COAT... (vs. the other story of saved by some jacket against getting ran over by a Jeep), wow. do you still have it? Can I try it? i don't have allergy against wool, but allergies are acquired throughout life....and throughout wearing new jackets... how do you feel now, I assume the jacket is now locked up and keys are thrown away.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
That was a real mccoys railcoat. I nearly died wearing it. I was violently allergic to the wool. It was crazy over built. That wool jacket would stand up on it's own like a cxl jacket. Insane
Was it this one? I have the same jacket. Luckily no allergic reaction. Crazy overbuilt for sure.
Railroad Coat.jpg

NEARY DIED WEARING A COAT... (vs. the other story of saved by some jacket against getting ran over by a Jeep), wow. do you still have it? Can I try it? i don't have allergy against wool, but allergies are acquired throughout life....and throughout wearing new jackets... how do you feel now, I assume the jacket is now locked up and keys are thrown away.
Oh man I sold it within a week. Even in my closet in the foyer I'd tear up. Couldn't get it outta the house fast enough.

ProteinNerd

After a few quotes (all about the same $250 to $350 which includes the liner fabric) I’ve left my new Brooks with OZMC Leathers whom I’ve used a few times before for repairs and alterations, I know they’ll do a good job plus she is going to add an inside pocket!

As expected with Aussie pricing, the new liner will cost me more than the damn jacket! Should be good though once it’s done....

El Marro

I have a new Buzz Rickson MA-1 (1963 D spec) that should be arriving this afternoon. I liked the L2-A Test that I bought last month so much that I had to add another Buzz to my stable.
Thanks once again to Charles and the folks at HPA for stellar customer service.

dubpynchon

One Too Many
I have an early Eastman Irvin on its way from @MET. I’ve been after an Irvin in 46 for a while and this is one of the early merino wool ones, when they were really good. My Irvin journey is over, that’s what I’m telling myself anyway. Counting the days...

regius

I think so. I'm sensitive to wool but you know. That wool is like steel wool.
I actually would like to consider buying one, other than Rakuten, where can I find one? maybe tomorrow I'll go down to the maccoy store in Manhattan.

Grayland

Call Me a Cab
I actually would like to consider buying one, other than Rakuten, where can I find one? maybe tomorrow I'll go down to the maccoy store in Manhattan.

It's a great coat. The back half of the forearms are black Shinki. Super heavy and stiff. No lining whatsoever, just very thick wool. Like Filson on steroids.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I have been doing my rotation of the Highwayman and 30s half belt. Quite content. I think I’ve found inner peace, for a while. Now comes the real world, aka moving out with the gf. It’s been fun while it lasted. New life adventures await.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails