Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How many new jackets do you have coming (and how many potential ones)?

cbez

One Too Many
Thinking of buying this schott. Old collab in blue steerhide. On the fence though.
1000018857.jpg
1000018858.jpg

Observe

One Too Many
A slightly off topic note: Urad has been great for me on jackets, but I used it on a pair of leather boots with a goretex liner in an attempt to improve water and salt resistance and it made the boots noticeably less breathable (feet are much sweatier after a day of wear). As a result I do not suggest its use on footwear with special linings.

Never done the brown before only the black and it looked like shiny cheap 70s crap along with the chemically smell.

This one looks good and yours always come out looking good though.
It does smell like shit. Doesn’t last long though. At first the sticky, smelly combo is a bit scary. But when it dries, it’s just great. The thing is, it does nothing to hydrate the leather. On my dye jobs I think of it as a top coat of sorts.

jeo

One Too Many
It does smell like shit. Doesn’t last long though. At first the sticky, smelly combo is a bit scary. But when it dries, it’s just great. The thing is, it does nothing to hydrate the leather. On my dye jobs I think of it as a top coat of sorts.

Oh yeah yeah the smell is mostly when the lid is open. Little bit as it dries on the jacket and goes away after a day or so.

It was still sticky after like 2 weeks. I applied the least that I possibly could.

When I apply very small amounts of clear Urad, the stickiness is nonexistent. The clear is great for getting rid of color loss/wear through.

Patience is key with this stuff. Both when applying and for shine to go away.

It’s gotten better. Hard to picture. This pic actually looks not too bad but irl it is still way too shiny for my taste so I’ll never do the black again. This is after like 10-11 months or so.

IMG_6166.jpeg

I got this jacket on the cheap from Facebook marketplace so I didn’t care to experiment plus it had wear through.

I’d be interested to experiment with the brown.

jeo

One Too Many
I'm assuming these have been sold? These look so nice, I'm interested in vintage but poor condition usually prevents me from buying anything
Yes. Sold.

If you’re interested in vintage I’d recommend starting in person. Go to secondhand stores, flea markets, vintage, shows, etc. etc. See different types of condition, and what your tolerance is for them, there’s such a wide range.

Learn what you like. Go from there.

Nacho

Practically Family
I agree Nacho.
Pushed to it by

View attachment 588210

The jacket is many years younger but we are both torn, worn and repaired

View attachment 588212

(long day)

Thanks, Al. Appreciate your support. :cool:

It's not like the jacket is fully covered with zig zag stitches lol. Nothing wrong with one or two here and there. It's like battle wounds. A man with a few scars got some stories to tell and more interesting than a clean cut, baby-faced one with no life experience lol.

Your jacket looks great on you. Wear it in good health, my friend!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou