Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How much would you pay for a vintage necktie?

How much would you pay for a vintage necktie?

• Total voters

Cobden

Practically Family
I'm relatively new to the Vintage neck-wear scene, but I've not spent more then £10 so far (though, to be fair, I only have a paltry three vintage ties as yet)

Feraud

Bartender
I voted $40 or more if the tie were right. Thinking about it I don't think I've seen a tie I'd pay that much for..
The most I've paid for a tie was 25 but my current purchases average at around $6-13 per tie.

Miss Sis

One Too Many
I paid £20 ($30) after negotiating them down for a Palm Beach tie on Friday from London's Portobello Road for my lovely man's birthday. Much more than he or I would normally pay, but it was a doozy - a Palm Beach! - not seen one before, a nice summery colour and pattern and it WAS his birthday, a special number birthday, so hey.

Otherwise £10 - 12 ($15 - 20) is about the max. He has an awful lot of ties.

The highest i've ever paid for my own collection was £8. That was for a 1930s sports-themed (basketball) tie. I convinced benstephens to pay £10 for a tie once … but it was a 1930s tie from Charvet, so probably worth it.
bk

Baron, that is the price he usually pays, so it would have seemed a complete bargain to him! lol.

Last edited:

skyvue

Call Me a Cab
I look at it this way: New ties of any quality at all are a minimum of $25, and most are much more. I'd rather wear a vintage tie any day than modern ties, so spending $25 or $30 on one in fine condition is still a bargain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou