Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you wear a hat?

How often do you wear a hat?

• Total voters

St.Ignatz

Call Me a Cab
Would it be logical to assume that when talking about 'wearing a hat,' it is when we leave the house, even if only to go out in the yard, and not actually in the house? Iow, I wear a hat everyday, but I leave the house every day, as well. If I am home sick for the day (and the house is not too cold), I would not be wearing a hat that day, but men in the GE generally didnt wear hats in the house, correct? That would still be wearing a hat every day, afaic.

I'll wear them in the house to keep them sized. I have forced air heating so it's dry as a popcorn fart in this place. Some snug up just enough to leave the dreaded forehead halo if not kept in rotation.
Tom D.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Well, my reasoning behind the "Just about every day" poll choice was that a person does not necessarily wear a hat every single day of his entire life. It is almost inevitable that one may go a day without it at some point, or multiple such occasions... But hey, it may as well count as the "Every day" category, right? I know that some of you disagree with it though.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
When ever I step outdoors to go somewhere, wether it is to go to work, the store or some leisurely travel. I feel incomplete if I don't cover my noggin. Plus it's the only way my wife can find me in any store or in a crowd like at Disneyland.

Cheers!

Dan

Bourne ID

One of the Regulars
Every day, all the time and I'll confess...indoors as well. Most people think I'm bald because I've allways got a hat on!! It's actually the opposite, I've got wild unrully hair and it's too much trouble to tame it most days! And then, when I do tame it down with some pomade, I can't wear a hat for fear of mussing it all up! It' not like in the movies at all, where when they take off their hat their hair is perfect!!

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Whenever I take a poke outdoors to go somewhere, whether it is to go to the chiropractor, the grocery store or some leisurely travel. I feel rather incomplete if I don't cover my noggin, sort of like if Monty Woolley would have gone without his beard. Plus it's the only way my wife can find me in any store or in a crowd like at Disneyland anymore. If the fedora is off or I'm wearing a flat cap, she loses me, which isn't a bad thing when shopping for gifts at Christmas in the same store.;)

Cheers!

Dan

Mr_D.

A-List Customer
My vote for "Just about every day" actually is for an option that's not there. "Every day no matter what."

Wolfwood

A-List Customer
While my wife can find me even when I'm not wearing my hat in a crowded store (I'm pretty tall), the hat certainly makes it easier. ;)

And, yes, I wear a hat every time I go outside, unless I'm wearing sports gear and have to pick up a tuque instead (which always makes me sad, but a brimmed hat really does not go well together with sports clothes...).

DRB

One Too Many
I wear my hat inside my own home all the time and outdoors, but not in someone else's house.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I always wear it outside (and in public places, like a big store), and occasionally in my room. But pretty much just outside.

Neophyte

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've rarely worn a hat in the last month. One reason is that my thick hair gives pretty decent head protection already. Another is that I'm attempting to achieve a tan.

In the winter, daily, during the work week, daily. On the weekends when it's nice out, not so much. I sweat like crazy and tons of sweat/pomade has wrecked my share of hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner