Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How often do you wear a hat?

How often do you wear a hat?

• Total voters

Lastmohecken

Familiar Face
I voted most of the time, I might not have voted correctly if (just about every day is more then (most of the time). I do wear a hat or a cap, every single day, and have all of my adult life, and most of the time as a kid, except I didn't wear one to school very often because kids are jerks and always want to mess with someone's hat if he wears one.

Cowboy hats and baseball caps have been the norm for me, but lately I have been giving my Open Road and a few cowboy conversions a work out. I wore my Stetson 25 to church this morning. Small church, only about a hundred, and only 3 or 4 of wear hats, with the black cowboy hat being the usual head gear for the regular hat people, but it's a rural church, and it has it's share of cowboys, including me, although I did see the preacher sporting what looked like a stingy one day back in the winter.

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Lol, Jersey Shore reference. I don't watch that myself, but I have actually seen J-Wow at a book signing. I might watch a couple episodes out of curiosity some time.

But I haven't been wearing a hat as often these days either. I'm not exactly sure why, but some days I feel too lazy to wear one. As it has been the past two months, I wear my Stetson St. Regis for church, sometimes school, and my Stetson Open Road and Akubra Federation are mainly my hiking and sun protection hats. I do plan on buying a new straw hat by summer though, and will wear it both hiking and at the beach. I have a feeling that before the end of the year, I'll be getting myself a narrow-brim trilby too, in the style of the early James Bond films preferably.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Every day, all day, take it off for meetings and a few other special events.
Unless they MAKE you take it off, why would you do so voluntarily?

This IS a hat site, isn't it?

Sam

TheBeak

One of the Regulars
While it took me some time (years) to get up the nerve to start wearing hats publicly, since that time on (coming on a year now) its been nearly every day.

dogrocketp

One of the Regulars
I also took a while to work up the nerve to wear hats regularly. I wear one every day both for dress and casual. In the winter it's felt fedoras (including an old open road for casual). In the summer, I have 4 colors of panamas that I wear. My 17 year old has 12 fedoras, and four panamas as well. We like to make a ritual of picking out a hat in the morning. Everything gets brushed and boxed before it's put in a hat box for seasonal changes.

job

One Too Many
Up until four years ago I seldom wore a hat. If I go outside for more than a couple minutes I have a hat on. Mostly fedora style hats.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I was nervous about wearing a hat too. But then I got so many compliments about it...Gawrsh!!

I wear a hat almost every single time I go out for any length of time for a purpose (a day on the town, to work, shopping, etc). Australian weather pretty much means I have to wear a hat. The sun here is strong in summer and wind around here is fierce in winter and the temperatures mean that my ears will freeze off if I don't wear a hat to keep them out of the wind!

djd

Practically Family
Difficult now I'm sat in an office most of the time, so often I'll just wear one in the car. Most frequently a newboy type cap but sometimes one of my fedoras if I'm out for a walk with the dog (weather permitting!)

Sam Craig

One Too Many
I have a compulsion ... it's a sort of emotional thing, really ... but it's also tied to my, um, gender, racial and religious identity that insists I must be allowed to keep my fedora on, even at my desk. It's allowed under the ADA requirements in the workplace.

It's complicated, but ... the hat bone is connected to the head bone ... the head bone is connected to the neck bone ... So, if I take off my hat, my head will fall off.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Sam

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
Almost any time I can help it. I work construction though, and the dirt and filth just doesn't mix will with fur felt. So, I only really get to wear hats on the Weekends, holidays, and on any day that I get off work.

Almost every day. A couple of years ago I went to a Chinese takeout we frequent, and for some crazy reason wasn't wearing a hat. When I finished paying the young lady looked at me and said " Oh, I recognize you, where's your hat?".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou