Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
The Reno Kid said:
Thanks. My wife and I took a long weekend in Chicago last week, and we had way too much fun. So we'll probably stay pretty close to home this weekend. I may whip up a nice dinner (I love to cook) and maybe open up a nice bottle of wine.
:D sounds great! A perfect way to enjoy a birthday! Have fun :D

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
The Captain said:
I hate to admit it, but I have TIES older than most of you guys and I bought them new! I was born in '35, (the year of the Braddock/Baer fight, to give you a reference point.) I was six when Pearl was bombed and had three family members there. They all survived and I heard many stories of them laying on the grass, firing their rifles at the Japanese planes that were so low they could see the pilots plainly. I remember the sea of brown-clad men, marching towards the railroad station, going off to fight a war that will last for years. I remember when it all was over and the euphoria that permeated everyone. I remember when President Roosevelt passed away and my mother crying. I remember seeing Harry Truman walking down the street in Omaha, waving to the throngs that lined the street. Imagine any president doing that now. I remember the first time I heard Elvis on the radio. I remember..... maybe too much.

Richard

and you should be writing every memory down, these are great!

and you ain't old dude!

rsg

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
scotrace said:
Or as 70something Joan Collins says of her 30something lover:
"Hey, if he dies, he dies.."

joan had the right idea! besides, women live longer than men so we need to have them younger so they will still be around.

hmmmm, need to start looking again i guess...:D

rsg

The Captain

One of the Regulars
RedShoesGirl said:
and you should be writing every memory down, these are great!

and you ain't old dude!

rsg

Thanks for the pep talk, RSG. With today's digital video cameras, everyone who has a family member that is "getting on in years" should be interviewing them for posterity. Then burn it to DVD and make a bunch of copies to send to all the relatives. If only I had heeded my own advice. My mother recently passed away at 91 years of age. I live a half-continent away and just didn't go back after moving to the west coast. We did talk on the phone at least once a month and she always amazed me with her sharp memory of...everything! She was a fount of information on the family and its' history. I would give anything to have her back just for a few hours so I could capture on tape her memories that are now lost forever.
BTW, I attended the auction at MGM when they sold "Dorthy's" red shoes from "The Wizard of Oz". Bet you'd love to have them!

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
The Captain said:
Thanks for the pep talk, RSG. With today's digital video cameras, everyone who has a family member that is "getting on in years" should be interviewing them for posterity. Then burn it to DVD and make a bunch of copies to send to all the relatives. If only I had heeded my own advice. My mother recently passed away at 91 years of age. I live a half-continent away and just didn't go back after moving to the west coast. We did talk on the phone at least once a month and she always amazed me with her sharp memory of...everything! She was a fount of information on the family and its' history. I would give anything to have her back just for a few hours so I could capture on tape her memories that are now lost forever.

so you should be sure to write down what you remember of her stories. i am doing that with my mom's stories plus talking with her siblings.

BTW, I attended the auction at MGM when they sold "Dorthy's" red shoes from "The Wizard of Oz". Bet you'd love to have them!

oh for sure! and the toe shoes from "The Red Shoes" with Norma Shearer.

rsg

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GentlemanFarmer said:
I'll be 53 next Tuesday (9/26)
Happy Birthday, in advance GentlemanFarmer. Best wishes for a happy and healthy year:)

I don't think I ever posted on this thread, so I guess I'm joining it late too.
I'm 31, will be 32 next month. But I'm ten years younger mentally:D

RedShoesGirl

One of the Regulars
Daisy Buchanan said:
Happy Birthday, in advance GentlemanFarmer. Best wishes for a happy and healthy year:)

I don't think I ever posted on this thread, so I guess I'm joining it late too.
I'm 31, will be 32 next month. But I'm ten years younger mentally:D

heck i am ten years OLD mentally and the world is my oyster.:)

lara

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I'm in my prime, which 10 years ago I thought stopped about now, but which I now realize continues well into my 50's. I may reexamine it again in a few years. ;)

carebear said:

I'm in my prime, which 10 years ago I thought stopped about now, but which I now realize continues well into my 50's. I may reexamine it again in a few years. ;)

Believe me, it just keeps getting better. The only problem is that those "growing pains" get worse as you get older. :p I am looking forward to 125. :D My goal has always been to outlive my enemies and make a few new ones. :p

Regards,

J

Lincsong

I'll Lock Up
Make exercising a lifetime routine

carebear said:

It's all in working out and going to the gym at least 5 times a week for a minimum of 60 minutes. You need two days off for the muscles to rebuild.:D There are guys your age that are fat, sloppy and out of shape. They look about 20 years older and will probably die off before then.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda