Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How Old Are The Members of The Fedora Lounge?

what's your age group

• under 25

Votes: 50 16.0%
  • 25-35

Votes: 71 22.7%
  • 36-45

Votes: 48 15.3%
  • 45-and over

Votes: 144 46.0%

• Total voters

Grnidwitch

A-List Customer
Dragging 40

I refuse to call it pushing 50. The big one this Aug. Looking forward to it actually. I make 50 look great.

Clara Noir

Familiar Face
I feel so young...

I'm 18 and a half. On the scale of things that half makes little to no difference. However, I could have quite happily been born in the 1940s/50s like my parents and most of my heroes, to have seen the revolutions of the 1960s first hand. I'd have been over the moon to have been born at the end of the 19th century and seen it all happen, but I'd probably be dead by now.

You win some, you lose some.

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?

Rooster

Practically Family
The BIG 50 this June! If I knew I was going to live this long I would have taken life more seriously!:eusa_doh:

WH1

Practically Family
I remember when television only had 3 channels and...

apple was what kept the doctor away. I am 43 and I agree with carebear its not the years its the miles.

MaximOfSurrey

Familiar Face
I'm nineteen, some mornings I feel like I'm as old as the rest of you.

I barely ever drink because I'm rather fond of my liver and kidneys, I'm not much of a party goer because I don't like crowds and I don't like the look of those young kids with their wigger clothes.

At this rate I'll be in a nursing home by the time I'm 35.:mad:

Jay

Practically Family
I'm surprised at the relatively equal demographic of this place. Perhaps this means it isn't all psychological, but that there are people who genuinely like style.

Martina

One of the Regulars
I'm 44 -although I thought I was 45 for a couple of months earlier this year and berated my Mother for not even knowing my age, until I figured out she was right and I was wrong!

We had the FIRST color television in my neighborhood! The Godfather was going to be on and my Father wanted to see it in color, so my parents splurged and we got one.

I also remember that we watched the television, be it at home or school, EVERY time a man went up into space. EVERYONE knew when it was happening and EVERYONE watched! It was sooooo exciting!!

You know what else I remember? R E S P E C T! Now where did that go? When I was younger, you listened to your parents, your teachers, and your neighbors (even the ones you didn't know) because if you didn't, they were going to tell your parents and you WERE going to get into trouble! But I know from having my own children now, you HAVE to teach them that they can't listen to every adult, because it's just not safe BUT there's a world of difference between teaching them that they can't listen to every adult and teaching them that they don't have to listen to ANY adult.

I also remember being brought up to be PROUD of our country and to be thankful that we lived here. When I was young, I would pass a veteran and immediately think WHAT A HERO!... something that I still feel today, thankfully! I don't think most of the youth today realize how much was sacrificed in order for this country to have all the freedoms it has now.

Ah well, so much for the political talk -I think things were easier when I was young. The rules were simple and you knew what was expected of you and what would and would not be tollerated!

And still.... I always dreamed of living in an earlier period, when things were simpler!

~Martina~

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
Cheesecakecutie said:
I am 32 and loving it. It is soooooo true what they say about women in there 30's. I wouldn't miss it for the world.;)

I don't know what they say, but I agree. Women in their thirties are at their most beautiful. Movie actresses especially.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner