Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How shiny

dennisp

New in Town
I recently bought a US Authentic goat skin A2. I really like this jacket,the somewhat long fit seems to be right for me. My question is, how shiny is the finish on original A2's. My USA doesn't seem as shiny as most of the pictures of originals I have seen. I also have a Cooper A2 that is much shinier.
Thanks,
Dennis

kojax

Practically Family
hello what color is your a2 goatskin jacket. i was thinking of getting one from u.s mfg.........i was wondering how thick is the goatskin. i got one there years ago it was paper thin i sent it back........i got a a-2 from gibson barnes the goatskin is very nice********

dennisp

New in Town
Mine is way darker than it appears on USA's websight. More of a chocolate brown I guess. The leather is just over 1mm thick. Not real thick, but thicker than I expected. It is thicker and softer than the Cooper it replaced.
Dennis

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The problem is usually (with colors) that different monitors are set differently, and colors seen are also affected by the lighting in the room. I think when I'm in the market to finally buy an authentic A2, I'd ask the manufacturer to send a piece of each color & type of leather I was considering so I could see it and feel it - it's a sizeable investment in my opinion and I'd want to be absolutely sure. And there's nothing more disappointing than waiting days and weeks for something to arrive, opening it and finding it's not as expected. And if you have to send it back for exchange for a different color, there's added time and expense for that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats