Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you, Ladies?

How tall are you?

• Total voters

Lillemor

One Too Many
It seems like a lot of the girls in the European countries are much taller than us Americans.

When I first saw the pole result I was jokingly going to ask if all the 5'7"+ ladies are Danish. I know one Danish woman my age who's just 2 inches taller than me making her 5ft even but her legs are shorter than mine[huh] , everyone else dwarfs both her and I. All the petite women I know are over 60 years old. There are no one on either side of my family I could inherit vintage clothes from because they're all tall ectomorphs. I'm not only petite but have that fashion challenged shape called an hour glass figure.

bil_maxx

One of the Regulars
That survey seems very "top heavy" in that there are a lot of women who are very tall. My experience has been that the average woman is about 5'4" (here in Canada). However, all heights are welcome and beautiful.

SugarKitten

One of the Regulars
5'10 in bare feet, and I am exactly with the tall girls who get jealous of taller girls! My height is one of my features, and I like to work it - love heels though it's taken me a while to get used to people commenting.

I grew up the runt in the family (my mom was 5'10 until she lost two inches thanks to back surgery), my dad is 6'3 and my brother 6'8. I had never thought I was particularly tall!

Auburn-Jane

New in Town
5 foot 9 and 133 pounds.

but when im in heels im 6 feet or over, alot of girls are insecure of being tall, I like it though most girls my age are around 5 foot 8 anyway.

people seem to be getting taller

annet

One of the Regulars
i'm 5'4"... average around here. i was supposed to get a lot taller but stopped growing at fourteen (they think it might be linked to using asthma medication as a very young child) so now i'm basically the shortest in the family...

i don't care though, since the boyfriend is just a bit taller than me.

beth

Familiar Face
I'm 5'5, average I guess. I'm taller then most of my friends, yet am labeled as the shortest in my family. :)

Foofoogal

Banned
5 '1 and 3/4 so had to go with the 5'2. Amazing so many are taller than 5'7 here. Wonder if there are more common denominators than height loving vintage?
Does vintage generally look better than modern clothes for taller ladies if this makes sense?
I knew a lady about 5'7 when I was a child that was the epitome of classy. A real June Cleaver vibe.
She sold Avon. In my mind she will always be the idea of my vintage ideal.
Have not had much coffee and early so not sure if this makes any sense.
Selling vintage since 1996 I can reassure anyone it is all about recreating memories of ideals as a child for the buyer.

RodeoRose

A-List Customer
5 foot 3 inches and happy lol

I like being small enough to ride ponies and wear petite vintage clothes, and my affinity for big tall shoes means I can morph into a tallish girl if I feel like it (5" heels = 5' 8" me!).

MissHannah

One Too Many
It's a shame that the survey options won't allow you to have more options. 5'7" and over is a BIG category! I wouldn't say that 5'7" was tall particularly - maybe just a bit above average - but a 6'1" woman would be in the same group. I enjoy being a bit on the taller side (5'9") but it can be tough getting vintage dresses to fit taller proportions. Separates are less of a problem. Luckily I have small feet so I can at least get vintage shoes! I love wearing heels and being 3 inches or so taller - makes me feel super-powerful!

Polka Dot

A-List Customer
I'm 5'6", so I guess right around average. I ended up being a touch shorter than my mom, but I've got the body of someone taller (long torso, big feet, short neck, short thighs, ugh...). I have such enormous feet for my height (10), and have since the age of 10. Because of that and the fact that I have a bunch of female cousins on both sides who are all in the 5'10"+ range, my parents thought I'd be tall, but sadly, no.

It works out, since my boyfriend is 5'10". I still have trouble with pants, though, since my inseam is short for my height -- 29 or so. I'd have liked to be taller, but I'm satisfied with where I ended up. It's interesting to see everyone's heights here. I think the poll is a bit misleading, since you'd assume that everyone is super tall. But 5'7" and up is a pretty big division, whereas 5'0" to 5'6" each have their own category. I'd say we're probably distributed normally.

Goldelfe

New in Town
I'm 5'8.5'' (174cm), which is on the taller side here in germany. Most girls I know are about two inches shorter than me.
But yes, I tend to get a bit jealous if I see a beautiful girl thats taller than me XD
I usually don't wear heels, but if I do I don't seem so tiny next to my boyfriend (6'4.5''/194cm)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner