Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How tall are you, Ladies?

How tall are you?

• Total voters

Smuterella

One Too Many
I have never had good *ahem* relations with anyone either much taller or much shorter than me. I find someone close to me in size much better.

AnnaMaria

New in Town
I have always dated guys much taller than I but my new boyfriend is somewhere between 5'6 and 5'7 (I'm 5'2) and I think that is a perfect length. I don't have to stand on my toes to kiss him and I can keep my head straight when I look him in the eyes. And I can still wear heels without getting taller than him!

Mojito

One Too Many
Funnily enough, the longest relationship I've had (and closest I've come to marriage) was with a chap who was a good couple of inches shorter than me. He didn't have any hangups, either - he positively encouraged me to wear heels if that was what I wanted to do. Sort of the anti-Tom Cruise. Had a lot of presence, though, as he was a merchant navy officer. In general I'd express a preference for someone around my height, but there's so much else that comes into my choice of partner.

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
gluegungeisha said:
I'm 5'6". I wish I was a few inches taller so I could branch out more with modeling -- I've got the body, but not the height! Oh, well. I'm the tallest one in my family (aside from my father, who I don't live with). My dad's family supposedly has tall genes, but I think I'm done growing.

People tend to think I'm taller than I am, since I'm very lean and leggy.

You know GGG, you can still model at your height, just not runway.

MissHannah

One Too Many
Magpie Annie said:
tall tall women unite! Fleur, Hannah, and Meggie, and all of you other tall ladies are lovely, and I am glad to share your company!

I am 6'0, but thankfully my husband is 6'3! :)

Height unite! Ha!

p.s.- all of you are lovely, regardless of your height

Magpie Annie I think you are officially the tallest FL lady! But I agree - all shapes and sizes have their lovely aspects.

dani

Familiar Face
i am 5'7" with out heels, i'm not sure how tall i am with heels, but when i wear them i come up to my husbands chin, and not his shoulders, he is 6'5". i have a neice that is 5'3", and is only 11 years old her bsket ball team won state, and are going to be on TV for nationals. that is gonna be so cool.

Charbeau

New in Town
I'm 5'2" and I wear heels quite often. I have a terrible time with petite sized clothing, it is always too short in the stride or in the leg, hardly ever can I find pants to fit my body correctly. I usually buy regular length and have them tailored or find heels that work well with the pants. Do any other short ladies have this problem?

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Charbeau said:
I'm 5'2" and I wear heels quite often. I have a terrible time with petite sized clothing, it is always too short in the stride or in the leg, hardly ever can I find pants to fit my body correctly. I usually buy regular length and have them tailored or find heels that work well with the pants. Do any other short ladies have this problem?

No, I have the opposite problem. Even buying petite pants, they're still too long. The worst is "short" jeans. It's pretty common for me to buy short jeans, then still have to cut off 3-4in from the hem.

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
I'm 5'10 and all legs :confused: Its gets interesting trying to find clothes that balances everything out and lets not talk about the MANY times I have fallen in love with shoes only to find out my big sasquatch feet won't fit into them lol

Minerva

Familiar Face
I'm just under 6', and never wear heels. I'm too short for the 'tall women' shop, and too tall for every other store. It makes finding clothes interesting, to say the least. I really need to get back to sewing more of my clothes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy