Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to deal with trolls or naughty kids - take it or leave it advice.

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
Darn, looks like I missed a good show. lol

There must be something in the air lately because a different forum I belong to, as well as a facebook group, has been having the same problems the last couple days. Weird how it all seems to explode at once.

Cooperson

One Too Many
I managed to catch it all this morning and for a while, was sorely tempted to bite myself. The initial post rang the alarm bells though; the accusations were so it outrageous it just screamed 'troll at work'! I think Butte was quite restrained under the circumstances. Good work by the bartender in shutting it down so quickly - things are hot enough in the Outerwear section at the moment as it is :)

Feraud

Bartender
Darn, looks like I missed a good show. lol

There must be something in the air lately because a different forum I belong to, as well as a facebook group, has been having the same problems the last couple days. Weird how it all seems to explode at once.
Springtime typically finds trolls burrowing out of their holes. ;)

W4ASZ

Practically Family
springtime typically finds trolls burrowing out of their holes. ;)

Troll_spray.jpg

;)

Mark

Practically Family
what is a Troll? How do you define one and I hope i'm not one by asking!?

alsendk

A-List Customer
Trolls live under bridges and you have to pay them a toll if you want to cross.

WebBukkenBruseB_zps36ba1654.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Picture is taken from a kids fairytale about three goats who had to pay to cross the bridge. In the end the big boss goat (the bouncher aka bartender) knocks the troll off his feet. Very much the same happened today. I saw it all unfold before my very eyes, and I really think people here were almost too well behaved and gentle to the troll. Sloan and Butte had to take a lot of flak, but a cloudy lemonade princess came to rescue, and the big boz goat cleaned up the mess.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
Yes that's the current definition. But I always think that the origins of words and phrases is so interesting and hard to pin down.

There are ridiculous definitions which have wide currency like posh, which many believe comes from; port out starboard home. Actually that was just some wag fitting the existing word into a neat phrase, and it probably comes from Hindi like so many Victorian English slang words. Or possibly Romany which itself is derived from Hindi. A poshrat in Romany was a gipsy who had settled down in a house and left the road. A poshreen is a kind of embroidered waistcoat decorated with semi precious stones once worn by princes and the very wealthy in India.

Polari came from many sources, and had Romany words mixed up with thieves argot and backslang, and was used by actors, vagabonds, and homosexuals in a time when homosexuality was illegal.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
The funny thing about that show was that the management at the Beeb who were so uptight about off colour jokes at the time didn't have a clue what the audience was laughing at. Or pretended not to know anyway. Plausible deniability as the CIA called it later.

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
<COMMENCE TROLLING SEQUENCE 5554BC>

I like to troll the outerwear threads, those guys like their pants the way they like their armholes: TOO LOW!

The new suspect troll ID is: They wear jackets with their shirttail hanging out and somehow insist it is cool. Sadly like a virus..it is spreading. I think the first infections started in LaLaLand.

Capesofwrath

Practically Family
http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/apr/26/briton-threat-shoot-200-us-schoolchildren-facebook

He calls himself a part time troll.....

As opposed to a full time one?

"Inquiries made by the FBI and homeland security managed to trace the user name to an address in this area. The American authorities contacted police and various inquiries were made in order to identify who made these postings."

Elliott handed himself into South Shields police station. "He said he was a part-time troll. He said he decided to post offensive comments to see what kind of reaction he could provoke," the Buckley told the court. "He was asked if he knew what had been going on recently and he said he was well aware of the recent incidents following the shootings in schools.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff