Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How to resist buying another jacket?

alfyman

One of the Regulars
Wow, Just as I was reading your post, I realize that I have about 20 Jackets B3's, A2's, a Kannaljacke, a N2B, some Shearling coats ..and I was just browsing eBay for another.. I wear my Jackets first and get as many compliments as I can and then slowly stay with the Jackets that I have.. But I really don't know, It's cold out and I moved closer to the snow.. But my other method before I press that buy it now button, I go and relieve myself if you know what I mean..but thats just me.

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
Seems there's lot of ideas, possibly no good "real" solutions....

Interestingly enough, I've encountered several younger folks recently who have really noticed and asked about some of the leathers I wear, and are taking genuine intrest in saving up for one (or 2, 3, 4 etc). They all get a little frustrated however when it comes time to actually find one, as none of the mainline and even upper-scale stores even have a decent cowhide jacket anymore to try on. I grew up in a period when leathers of the cheaper variety were plentiful (High school in the late 80's, college early 90's) so I always wanted one then. Just never realized how much I would continue to want them.... :)

Siggmund

One of the Regulars
I really should find a girl and get married so I have someone in my life to tell me "no" the next time I drool on a Triumph side cover I don't need.
Xopher, No! No! No! That relationship would be doomed from the start. Next thing you know you would resent her for being like a Mom (saying no) and your sex life would go out the window. It would be a short step to divorce, dividing up possessions and guess what? You lose the TR3, the side cover, the jackets...
Better to find someone who shares your vice. You could even talk about your mutual guilt when you or she buy something you don't need. Or, if you really want to quit you have a ready-made support group of two :)

Xopher

A-List Customer
Better to find someone who shares your vice. You could even talk about your mutual guilt when you or she buy something you don't need. Or, if you really want to quit you have a ready-made support group of two :)
Ahhh man, If I could find a gal who liked vintage clothing and jackets as much as me I'd marry her on the spot...I don't know where I'd begin to look for such girls. Do they eve make them? Somebody should invent Fedora Lounge Dating

I am 100% sure women who are into those old, shabby jackets simply do not exist. . . Not for the same reason or to the same extent, at least. My local leather jacket tailor lady, she works exclusively with vintage-y inspired jackets, she knows all the hides, all the tailoring techniques, she designs and makes jackets and everything and she still looks at me like I'm a lunatic when I bring in some ancient CR that's falling apart or when I start rambling on about what the belt buckle on a Perfecto should look like.

My girl often jokes about how funny it is that for two people that are so much alike, we don't have a single thing in common. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last edited:

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have known a couple women who were very into collecting and wearing vintage dresses, furniture, etc. Although they were not specifically into vintage leather, I'm sure they would have had a greater appreciation for a good score off ebay or from a flea market.
My girlfriend, on the other hand, can't comprehend why anyone would buy a funky old jacket when they could get a new one for much less. She also says that all of my jackets look the same to her...
At the end of the day though, I'm with Monitor on this one: I wouldn't have it any other way.

My wife recently expressed an interest in a leather jacket, but her taste is vastly different than mine. She wants something "punkish" but not a perfecto. This could be fun, or a major disaster...either way it provides the perfect excuse... "It's not for me." ;)

Reactions: A-1

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My wife recently expressed an interest in a leather jacket, but her taste is vastly different than mine. She wants something "punkish" but not a perfecto. This could be fun, or a major disaster...either way it provides the perfect excuse... "It's not for me." ;)
My wife's thinking about the Pegasus ladies' D-pocket. She was only half-heartedly looking for a jacket, and then I said the magical word - "Paris." It's one of the nicest I've seen for women.

Reactions: A-1

Nope. Still not my colour and I still don't like the regular-fit on Denim-jackets.

That's, why I bought twice their fantastic "Peckott" storebrand type III-Denim-jacket, which is definitely the authentic (Levi's) type III-slim fit! :cool:

SProdukt_2412100026_d.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo