Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How warm is Aero's Alpaca lining or any alpaca lining?

Windward

Practically Family
The argument or discussion of "what's warm" is really moot. It's completely dependent on the individual. Weather plays a part, but everyone has a different tolerance for "cold".
It's like asking if the food is too spicy or coffee too strong. Based on what?
You need to try things based on your needs. All of this is only a guideline for what MAY work for you...

Good said ....:eusa_clap .... a woman is too wild :eeek:....compared to what???

Philalethes

A-List Customer
Oil Pull/Barnstormer Teaser Pic

Hi Rudie, Butte, and Windward,

This is how much I care: I have been running errands for an upcoming move in two days. No coffee, breakfast, shave, or shower yet today, but I took a photo as best I could (given a self-timer and rainy day).

The color is a little lighter than I was able to represent here. I would almost say in addition that the hide has a slightly reddish hue. The oil pull is very supple and comfortable yet still substantial. I expect, Butte and Windward, when you receive your jackets, you will be very pleased.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I have been intending to do a full review, but this has proven difficult as my photographer (wife) and I are preparing to move some 550 km. Please watch the Barnstormer thread for a full treatment in the next week or so, once I get settled.

Jules

New in Town
Nothing beats down for effective insulation in very cold weather. As the temperatures plunge to freezing, one stays warm. And the jacket can be lighter than sheepskin or a leather alpaca fleece lined jacket, all things being equal.

I also like down too Its great if you are in and out of warm buildings all day as it is so light and warms up super quick.
After thinking about it I almost never wear my down jacket since i bought sheepskins , I dont know why but sheepskin just does it for me.
I think im gonna dig out my down jacket .............

normanf

One of the Regulars
I also like down too Its great if you are in and out of warm buildings all day as it is so light and warms up super quick.
After thinking about it I almost never wear my down jacket since i bought sheepskins , I dont know why but sheepskin just does it for me.
I think im gonna dig out my down jacket .............

Down? Lots of good jackets to choose from. I have the CG Chilliwack Bomber.

Jules

New in Town
Our Canada Geese

Down? Lots of good jackets to choose from. I have the CG Chilliwack Bomber.

I have a CG expedition its a brilliant jacket/coat super warm and with a fantastic hood absolutely one of the best manufacturers of down products.

Windward

Practically Family
Hi Philalethes,

my last jacket (for now) was made of Vintage brown FQHH with lots of heavy grain - but the oil pull ... oh man ... don't lead me into temptation.;) BTW: I like the look of your sleeves ! - If I were a bit taller - like you - this would surely my next jacket. Congrats.

Jules

New in Town
Alternative lining

Just thought id throw this out there for anyone interested .
My Radjacke has a full lining including sleeves of corduroy and it seems to be warmer than my Alpaca or wool Tartan lined jackets.

normanf

One of the Regulars
Just thought id throw this out there for anyone interested .
My Radjacke has a full lining including sleeves of corduroy and it seems to be warmer than my Alpaca or wool Tartan lined jackets.

Polyester Thinsulate would make a very lightweight lining. A zip out lining is the best for the jacket is too warm to be worn with it in any but extreme cold weather.

Jules

New in Town
Hey..That was a very good idea! Never thought of that as a complete lining...
HD
I seem to recall when i ordered it (Radjacke) I thought it would come with corduroy body lining and standard heavy cotton sleeve lining.
When the jacket arrived i was a bit concerened as it felt a little bulky but as usual after a while breaking it has moulded nicely to fit.
Comparing coduroy to alpaca i think the corduroy lining is warmer but it is bulkier .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda