Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Huge British dance band .mp3 archive

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Mike Thomas' Dance Band Encyclopedia concentrates on the lesser-known orks of the '20s to '40s era, but also features big names like Ambrose, Jack Hylton and Lew Stone.

Mike makes all transfers from his own 78s, and gives info about each band, record and date.

An admirable undertaking. All the more so because anyone who tried doing this with American dance band records would soon be a faint red smear on the information superhighway.

Please respect Mike's wishes and don't sell the files, or misrepresent them as your own.

5477499906_13fd47d8ee_o.png

Everyone Says "I Love You" - Syd Lipton & Grosvenor House Band, 1932

Last edited:

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
Thank you thank you thank you thank you very very very very much for this wonderful collection of music! Already found lots of tracks I like and want from several artists I recognise.

Has anyone ever noticed that British swing-jazz seems to be 'softer' than American 30s swing-jazz, that seems to be a bit more energetic? Or is that just me?

Currently listening to The Savoy Orpheans - "Hop, Skip".

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff