Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Huge Stash Of National Geo.

CaddyKid21

One of the Regulars
My art teacher has two huge boxes filled with National Geographic Magazines from the 40's and 50's that she lets kids use for collages, my heart cringes at the thought. I want to get some of the non cut up ones from her, because they really are filled with great stuff. If i got some from her, would anyone be interested in seeing some scanned articles and ads?

Rachael

A-List Customer
I often think of ways my parents' collection of vintage magazines could accidentally get packed with my things when I visit. There was at one time a great CD collection that was supposed to have electronic copies of the articles, but I don't think the ads were included in it.

In addition to Nat Geo, they also have stacks of Reader's Digest, but I'm not sure how old they are; anyone know when it went to print for the first time?

Jay

Practically Family
CaddyKid21 said:
Would anyone be interested in seeing some scanned articles and ads?

Definitely. The ads are almost as interesting as the articles in those old issues.

CaddyKid21

One of the Regulars
I *stole* one from the box today, only a few are cut up, this one is an August 1950. Ill scan it soon. Its a good one!

I dont care for the articles, as much as the ads!

Talbot

One Too Many
I have an electronic copy of National Geographic 1940's which contains scans of every edition between Jan 1940 and Dec 1949. Comes on 3CD's

Nothing replaces the smell of musty paper in your hand, but I'd love an electronic copy of the 50's. Anyone know where you can get it?

Maybe I should join in with a few scans?

Talbot

Talbot

One Too Many
What the heck

To kick things off

246JA09A.JPG

246JA11A.JPG

246JA13A.JPG

246JA15A.JPG

246JA34A.JPG

246JZ05Z.JPG

249LA03A.JPG

249LA31A.JPG

249LA34A.JPG

249LZ10Z.JPG

Jay

Practically Family
These are fantastic! I wish I had more than 1 issue from the 40s. Thanks for posting these, fellas.

Talbot

One Too Many
Heeeyyy..why didn't I think of this before...

CaddyKid,

Why dont you tell your art teacher that you can give her a DVD full of images and you get to keep the mags.

Gotta be better than watching them get cut up.

PM me if you like.

Talbot

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace