Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hurricane Irene Safety Concerns

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
The news of this Hurricane heading up the coast make me want to give some prayer and hopes for those of the Lounge and non members alike, that everyone will be safe and kept from harm.

Taz-man

Familiar Face
Thanks I hope so too. I also live very close to the epicenter of the earthquake that struck earlier this week. I also hope that everyone is ok from that too.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
We're bracing for it here in metro NY/LI. There are a lot of people not leaving their homes, though. We're still not decided, ourselves, although we're packed and ready to go.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'm reading about it online...

"More than two million people have been ordered to leave their homes ahead of the massive category one storm."
BBC

"Imagine a vulnerable island, parts of it man-made, with towering buildings and lots of people crammed into small spaces. Now imagine a monster storm slamming into that island. Manhattan vs. Irene."
CNN

..I'd leave.. and save most important: my life...
(and my prayers go to all FL guys over there in the storm)

Ianthepilot

New in Town
Not entirely certain how hard we're going to be hit out here in north-central Massachusetts, but the family's been storing anything less than eighty pounds in the house or the garage. Don't know if all that effort was necessary, but we'll see.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
Apparently it is not going to be that bad here in the DC area. I will let you know how it looks from my highrise later.

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
We're bracing for it here in metro NY/LI. There are a lot of people not leaving their homes, though. We're still not decided, ourselves, although we're packed and ready to go.
Geez, I hope you will get to safety and not take the chances of staying. Mother nature is hard to beat, and this may be one of the worst storms to every hit your area. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and everyone else, too!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
I'm reading about it online...

"More than two million people have been ordered to leave their homes ahead of the massive category one storm."
BBC

"Imagine a vulnerable island, parts of it man-made, with towering buildings and lots of people crammed into small spaces. Now imagine a monster storm slamming into that island. Manhattan vs. Irene."
CNN

..I'd leave.. and save most important: my life...
(and my prayers go to all FL guys over there in the storm)

Amen to that!

LoveMyHats2

I’ll Lock Up.
Thanks I hope so too. I also live very close to the epicenter of the earthquake that struck earlier this week. I also hope that everyone is ok from that too.

Yeah that was really something that earthquake, I left most of the behind moving back here from California to my home State of Michigan.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
We're in the thick of it right now. The power has flickered, but still on. Wind and rain is supposed to clear up by dawn.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
We're in the thick of it right now. The power has flickered, but still on. Wind and rain is supposed to clear up by dawn.

Where are you in MD? It is a little windy and rainy outside my window, but not much of anything at all.

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
I have my fingers crossed for all of you in harms way.....

fingers-crossed.jpg

Bluebird Marsha

A-List Customer
Folks, I'm hoping that this will be a whole bunch o' fuss over nothing. But speaking as a former Florida gal, if it's a contest between you and Mother Nature (who really is a child of unmarried parents), you will lose. Please forget hurricane parties and other nonsense and get the hell out of Dodge. Once you've seen a large tree whip by your third story window at 100 mph, you will understand that you can't win at this game. Be safe and take care.

Stray Cat

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I'd like to hear some good news.
So far, the BBC sais:
"New York City's public transport system has been closed and the mayor said it was now too late for people to leave. Irene has already hit North Carolina and Virginia, causing damage and the deaths of at least eight people. The worst of the storm, packing winds up to 75mph (120km/h), is due to hit New York in the next few hours. Irene has weakened to a category-one hurricane since it came ashore but is still expected to be destructive."

Loungers.. how is it???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Espasoner