Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I get it now!

Just got in a brown Royal Stetson in 7 1/2 Extra Long Oval. The wierd part was that it fit me tight! Yes, I know I am a 7 5/8 normally but an extra long oval usually takes care of that.
Well, about half an hour later :confused: I decided to check under the sweat band for the size. Yep, it was a 7 1/2 extra long oval but I found something very interesting that was the extenuating circumstance---a strip of cork about 6 inches long was under the sweatband at the back of the hat! The strip is about 1/8 of an inch thick with a moleskin like material backing that held it to the inside of the hat with friction. Very interesting. That much cork actually made a heck of a lot of difference! :eek: Now that it is out; the hat fits just fine. I thought it was going to be one of those super tapering stories that I have heard about from you fellas but no. The sweat is sort of wavy too but I can understand why now. The hat was not meant to be de-ovalized. LOL It is "aquanized" too so I now have a new rain hat. ;) I think the sweat will flatten out with wear from my big head. :cool2:
It sure could use a reblocking though. That center dent alone stuff just doesn't do anything for me. :( It also appears that the hat is meant to be snapped down at the front and the back. I don't know if I like the "bucket" look. It might grow on me though. After all, they cannot all look the same. That would be boring.

Regards to all,

J

P.S. Did I mention that it arrived smashed into a small box? Geez, talk about your Crushers!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR