Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

i got a Luftwaffe Hartmann jackets

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
19D74F7B-5E43-4C8A-A94F-88F4E4B03360.jpeg
C3F83053-B81B-4BD5-99EB-C951B1816822.png
9E8073DC-0FAB-4036-9A31-F13B87D185ED.jpeg
v

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
Based on the original you do need to make the tip of the jacket collar less pointy.
Both patterns exist..as per originals...rounded and pointed...check photos...More important is the colar size...always quite big...here a lot of repros are out of the pattern.
We make it the way cust. asks for it... both patterns ( still) available ex-stock.Round and pointed...

Last edited:
The neck hole feels large IMHO (this is a peeve of mine), but details look nice. The worn sample looks too large on the model though.
I like the look of some "French cyclist" jackets, but this version is pretty Axis specific.
I wouldn't wear it on principle, and I imagine the US is a pretty tough market. I'm curious, is there a high demand for this style in Europe?

Last edited:

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
The neck hole feels large IMHO (this is a peeve of mine), but details look nice. The worn sample looks too large on the model though.
I like the look of some "French cyclist" jackets, but this version is pretty Axis specific.
I wouldn't wear it on principle, and I imagine the US is a pretty tough market. I'm curious, is there a high demand for this style in Europe?
Hi,
thx for asking.
1)all dimensions have been patterned according to the original(s) we had (for some still have).
2)the one worn from the model is a bit long for the model, agree, because new. It will wear in and get patina and surely rise up a bit, hence become shorter.
So far several were sold to the US, but the issue is the sizes patterned so far...44”chest at max. ( as per today). Demands came for 46” up to 50”...(with extra waist room...which we never did and I guess will not do since it may not be very esthetic at the end).
Europe is quite good, Asia all over is the best so far.
We are almost booked to our nowadays capacity limit.
Some requests even ask for zipper and buckles to be exchanged or replaced on WW2 jackets as wall as on not so accurate repros.

Cooper A-2

Practically Family
All test jackets sold.
Thx for your interest.
Special orders welcome, please consider an ex- works delivery time right now of 8-10 weeks after your confirmed order and payment.
We now also offer the same jacket in seal and russet “vintage” Italian Horsehide.
Photos will follow as soon as the first ( already ordered) batch is available.
Website and Credit card acceptance coming soon.
Thx to all and Happy New Year!
PS: for prospects in Australia, I will be in Melbourne during the second week of Feb. Would be great to see you there...We can meet if interested.

Last edited:

senjorlossi

Familiar Face
Hi guys,

I´d like to bring this thread back up with a question to Cooper: Do you by this time have any further Information for us about that Company which makes the Hartmann-style jackets? Like a Website or shop for example? Further up you said that it will take some time to get a website up, so is there one available by now?

Wolud love to get some more Information on these jackets.

Best regards,
Stefan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff