Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I love it when these are found.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
It is fascinating to see things like this...to be able to see what was. I sure wish I would have saved a news story from about 10 years ago....a building that was once a school, then a hospital and then an office building, that had some shelves built infront of a door that had been closed for over 80 years. The door was a fairly large storage room...the ceiling in that room had a single light bulb from Thomas Edison, the old type and was still working...the shelves were filled with so much it was a treasure trove. I think they found typewriters, fountain pens and ink, books that were first editions, etc. and the pictures showed newpapers with head lines of famous events.

Yes I think it would be nice to do a time capsule....we would however never know if it was found by someone....bummer. lol!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The ultimate time capsule, at Oglethorpe University in Atlanta. Sealed for 74 years, 6103 years to go.

va0169_04-interior-of-crypt.jpg

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
It's those time capsules that were unintentional that are the most amazing.
It is fascinating to see things like this...to be able to see what was. I sure wish I would have saved a news story from about 10 years ago....a building that was once a school, then a hospital and then an office building, that had some shelves built infront of a door that had been closed for over 80 years. The door was a fairly large storage room...the ceiling in that room had a single light bulb from Thomas Edison, the old type and was still working...the shelves were filled with so much it was a treasure trove. I think they found typewriters, fountain pens and ink, books that were first editions, etc. and the pictures showed newpapers with head lines of famous events.

Yes I think it would be nice to do a time capsule....we would however never know if it was found by someone....bummer. lol!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot