Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

i think i'm in love with this girl....

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
P02633.jpg
[

Hey, Herringbone, those feet on yer gal could be used to propel small sea-going vessels.

Nyah!

Rosie

One Too Many
scotrace said:
What would this young girl think of the internet? There was barely television.

And, if she is still alive (at least 80 by now), would she be pleased or mortified to be ogled so? Probably pleased, at least secretly so.

My dad was 82 when he passed away three years ago and he was blown away by all of the "ultra" modern things we have, internet, cell phones, etc. When I got my first cell phone about 8 years ago, the first time it rang around him he just picked it up and stared at it in amazement, turning in around.

When we first got on line when I was about 16 (12 years ago, wow!), my sister, who lives in South Carolina, and I were IMing each other. I was sitting at the kitchen table with my parents and I say, "Daddy, Diane says hi!" He said "Oh" but my mom told me he really didn't understand how it was possible that my sister and I were talking through a computer. It was just too mind boggling for him.

Also, I LOVED "Somewhere in Time" when I was a kid, I thought it was the greatest movie.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
True, but I've known her personally since I was very much single in the mid-'90s. Sold a suit and shoes to her ex-boyfriend, all because she saw me wearing them and liked the get-up.

By the way, Dita (well, Heather) is a very savvy businesswoman. If she'd been born in the Golden Era, she would have become one of those Ziegfeld Follies girls who made a killing on the stock market, thanks to tips from "stage door Johnnies".

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Going back to the original post, I must say that I felt the same way when I first saw Claudette Colbert.... and that girl that played Ginger Rogers' servant in Shall We Dance.

Tony in Tarzana said:
I've seen some avatars right here in the Lounge that made my heart skip a beat. :)

I'm with ya, Tony...

ArrowCollarMan

A-List Customer
Hemingway Jones said:
Do you know where this leads???

Have you seen "Somewhere In Time????"

swit_eliserichard.jpg

:eusa_doh: :)

That movie was the thing that kickstarted my interest in old clothes again. I was watching it freaking out. "OH MY GOD! HES WEARING A TOP HAT...AND SPATS...AND COAT TAILS...HOLY CRAP, I WANT TO HAVE LIVED THEN!! WHY COULDN'T I HAVE BEEN BORN IN 1889 INSTEAD OF 1989?!?! I COULD HAVE WORN ALL THAT AND DONE ALL THAT AND TALKED LIKE THAT, etc, etc"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy