Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ID on a Lee Rider Style

FaceOfBoh

New in Town
I need to cross-post this in the "Show us what you bought thread" but first I wanted to get some info here.

I picked up this Lee Rider coat. It's almost brand new and the denim is a mid-blue colour. Does anyone know this particular style/cut is called?

As for date, the pocket tag is black and has MR so it's 1970s and on. There's no other tags except for the labels in the second photo. I'm in Canada so one of the ways I date things is if there's bilingual (French/English) labelling, which was introduced in the mid-seventies. No evidence of that here though this could be a more recent coat that someone brought form the USA.

Anyone have any thoughts?

file-561.jpg

file-583.jpg

dr greg

One Too Many
I've got one of those, and i'm not sure why it's called a Stormrider because the blanket lined SR is the original model. A quick dating method AFAIK is if the label is actually embroidered rather than screen printed, then it's pre-80's. They are a good roughwear coat and I sleep in mine when out on the road in high country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic