Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If I had to pick one girl from the golden era

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
And

Stanwyck.jpg

Wild Root

Gone Home
Must not forget...

Betty Hutton! She's to me one of my favorite to watch! She's got charm, sugar, spice and everything nice! And how! She's full of pep!

In this shot, you'd never know she was such a crazy silly gal!

bettyhuttonsm.jpg

Watch "Here Come The Waves" or "The Fleet's In" and you'll just fall in love with Betty!

=WR=

novalis

New in Town
I second the motion on Brooks whose femme fatale innocence is simply sui generis. I also nominate Lombard as a wonderfully deft, vivacious screwball comedienne.

Louise Brooks (Pandora's Box): "There is no Garbo! There is no Dietrich! There is only Louise Brooks!" - Henri Langlois

Carole Lombard (My Man Godfrey): "You mustn't come between Irene and Godfrey. He's the first thing she's shown any affection for since her pomeranian died. "

spiridon

A-List Customer
So many great names mentioned on this thread, hard for me to narrow it down to one...........BUT if I had to I guess I'd go with Ingrid Bergman (just something about her!) with Rita Hayworth a close second.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Oooooooooh, nice! How about a young Martha Tilton who sang with Benny Goodman's Orch? She looked really swell in the mid 30's! And well, in the early 40's too! She was sweet!

marthatilton.jpg

=WR=

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner