Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you could cast YOURSELF in one goldenera movie...

miss1934

Familiar Face
I fancy myself in Myrna Loy's role as Nora Charles or Norma Shearer's role in The Women, though I know that I would probably be cast in Maureen O'Sullivan's or Joan Fontaine's roles, respectively. I would love to play Irene Dunne's role in The Awful Truth though. I love the comedies of the thirties when women still had the guiding hand and the banter was witty and the clothing was glamorous. Off to watch another plotless, b-movie...

Naama

Practically Family
Well, I think I would take Clara Bows part in "It", but I would really LOVE to play Gloria Swansons part in Sunset Boulevard.

Naama

maintcoder

A-List Customer
There are so many...

but I would have to go with Godfrey Park in My Man Godfrey first, then Nick Charles in the Thin Man movies, Roger Thornhill in North By Northwest, Det. Mark McPherson in Laura, Peter Warne in It Happened One Night, and finally Capt. 'Rip' Murdock in Dead Reckoning.

Archie Goodwin

One of the Regulars
I would want to take Gregory Peck's role as Atticus in "To kill a Mocking Bird", but they would probably end up giving me the role of Bob Ewell. My wife says I look the part of the villian, not the leading man. Maybe they would let me split the difference and play Boo Radley instead.

BJonas

One of the Regulars
I'd wanna play this guy:
greenhornet2.jpg

:D

Wild Root

Gone Home
I'd have loved to have stared in any number of James Stewart's films... or maybe a "Thin Man" flick... ah, to act with Myrna Loy and William Powell! ;)

I'm sure I wouldn't mind staring in a Fred and Ginger picture either!

=WR=

Etienne

A-List Customer
I would love the role of...

Linda Darnell in Unfaithfully Yours. She wore such beautiful clothes, furs, and jewels and played opposite a handsome Rex Harrison who gave a wonderful performance as her older, English husband.

Havana Joe

Familiar Face
Harp said:
Zorro, opposite the lovely Linda Darnell, whom I would marry,
"and raise fat children while tending my vinyards.":)
Ah, that would be my pick too!

I also would pick Rocklin (John Wayne) [though I don't look anything like him] in Tall in the Saddle, and get my hands on Arly (Ella Raines) WOW!!!!:essen:

But there's also The Quiet Man, and Maureen O'Hara, Oh my!!!

Curt Chiarelli

One of the Regulars
Hands down, no contest: Carl Denham as played by Robert Armstrong in King Kong. Memorable lines, stylish garb, a scantily-clad Fay Wray and being chased all over Skull Island by more Willis O'Brien stop-motion creatures than an over-sized ape can shake a log at!

Jay

Practically Family
I would love to take Bogarts roll in The Big Sleep, although that's a lot to live up to. I don't think anyone could've done it as well as him. His natural world-weary manner made it so believable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo