Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

CharlieH.

One Too Many
Nice!

kirawoidan said:
I did my hair really curly today and pulled it back with combs from a center part. I did my lipstick in the rosebud mouth style and I looked so much like Jean Harlow, except for the thin eyebrows.
Picture759.jpg

For some reason I feel I've seen a face like yours in an Astaire-Rogers movie but I can't pinpoint where.

RetroModelSari

Practically Family
Many people think I look like Reese Witherspoon (even my boyfriend did after we had watched "Walk the line"). Someone told me I look like a 40s Burlesque-Dancer whose name I just forgot right now (but I can post a pic when I´m back home). But does anyone think there is any celebrity from back than looking like me? I´m curious to hear ;)

VargasGirl

One of the Regulars
Simon82 said:
Here, here, Root! :cheers1:

I'm kind of a Jimmy Stewart nut -- I own about 8 biographies of the man, and several of his movies as well. Even do a halfway-decent imitation of his voice (but then, who *doesn't*?).
Simon
I used to work in a medical clinic and had a patient who started talking to me in a voice that I reconized but couldn't place. I mentioned that to him, and he said "Jimmy Stewart." That was it!!! This guy didn't look like him at all, but if I closed my eyes you would swear it was him. I think he said he was from the same area of PA as Jimmy. Despite the fact there had to have been a good 40+ years between us, for those 5 minutes I was in LOVE with that guy...

carebear

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can't see the first photo Sari, but I think to make a really good judgement, I'll need to see a few more like the second. ;)

Ya know, for science and all. :D

Decobelle

One of the Regulars
jitterbugdoll said:
I often hear that I look like Betty Grable or Marilyn Monroe (I've had several people tell me that I have Marilyn Monroe eyes), and a couple of photographers have told me that I have a Jean Harlow profile.

Jitterbugdoll, you remind me not only of Miss Grable, but very much of star Jean Arthur. She had a long career, starting in silents, but I think she was at her most adorable in the 1940s, especially (my favorite) the wartime comedy The More the Merrier (1943) and Lady Takes a Chance (also 43). Not sure if I've posted the images correctly, but if so they are from TMTM

documents.msnw

Pictures%2FArthur%2C%2520Jean.jpg

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Jitterbugdoll, you remind me not only of Miss Grable, but very much of star Jean Arthur. She had a long career, starting in silents, but I think she was at her most adorable in the 1940s, especially (my favorite) the wartime comedy The More the Merrier (1943) and Lady Takes a Chance (also 43). Not sure if I've posted the images correctly, but if so they are from TMTM

Thank you, Decobelle--I've never gotten Jean Arthur before, but I do think she was a doll :)

Cheesecakecutie

Familiar Face
picture249fm9.jpg

picture182tt8.jpg

I am told time and time again Audrey Hepburn.I had a card of her on my sideboard in the living room for about a month...everyone who came by thought it was a great photo of me it became a bit of an ongoing theme...i started to receive gifts with an Audrey theme for birthdays and xmas. My son went and bought me a very large Breakfast at Tiffany's poster that i put up in my bedroom...one day a friend came round for a clothes trying on session, she came into room and after about 10 minutes saw the poster and said " wow how did you get that picture of you that size?"...I stared at her in utter disbelief...she was serious and then looked again and realised her mistake...but i was a bit startled, that i could be mistaken for her posing in such a
famous image. And such a huge poster too boot!
What do you guys think? i personally don't see it ,apart from the fact i have a fringe a lot of the time and wear liquid eyeliner !

[huh]

picture135wc5.jpg

picture254kz6.jpg

What do you guys think???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav