Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

If you said you looked like one celebrity from the Golden Era...

angeljenny

A-List Customer
Oh I can see that, but more Kate than her :)
Thank you for the compliment, but I can never really see it. Hopefully I'm not as crazy lol

Maybe it isn't something that people can see in themselves?!

Much less crazy I'm sure! Really similar.

VivienLeigh.jpg

I would love to look a bit 1950's or just retro.

angeljenny

A-List Customer
You are so sweet. Thank you :)

Well, I think Kate looks vintage, but I'll see if I can think of someone from the actual era and put it here, okay? :D

Kate does look quite vintage - I think she does a lot of films set in the past.

Maybe I should go blond! Although I think dark hair is what gets me the English rose comments so maybe not!

angeljenny

A-List Customer
I think you should leave your hair. It's a beautiful color :)

Strange that you should say that as I had it dyed with a semi permanent red for ages but went back to my natural colour about 3 months ago. I think it is a bit blah and boring!

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Alright, it's been a long time since my last post, but I'm still wondering who I resemble. For what it's worth, ethnically speaking, I'm 50% Croatian (The Balkans), 25% Italian (my own surname's origin is Sicilian), 1/8 English, and 1/8 Irish or Scots-Irish. I've been told quite a few things; generally that I look either Italian, French, Russian, some other Eastern European nationality, or even part Indian (not Native American, from western India), Korean, or Japanese (well, through my Croatian line, there may have been some Asiatic blood from the ancient Hun, Avar, and Mongolian nomads from the steppes of Central Asia. Quite a few family members from my mother's side sort of look the part).

OK, here's a few recent shots:

Photoon2011-02-05at1717-1.jpg

Photoon2011-02-21at16543-2.jpg

So are there any celebrities/actors, whether old-time or modern, that come to mind?

Last edited:

Isis

One of the Regulars
Inga Tidblad (1901-1975), which I guess not many outside Sweden have ever heard of. Buit she was a great actress and she was certainly Golden era.
Ingatidblad.jpg

Tidblad.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass