Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'll Be in Atlanta

carldelo

One Too Many
Same here

I found an excellent Stetson Milan straw with a thin ribbon at the Executive Shop a number of years back. As I recall, there weren't many hats on display, but when I asked, the owner brought out a bunch in my size. It's definitely worth a try. My experience was perhaps 7 or 8 years ago, and it would be nice to know if it's still a worthwhile destination, as I'm heading to Atlanta again in the not too distant future.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If time permits, a drive east from Atl. on I-20 south of town will bring you to many antique shops off 20 in adjoining towns b'tween Atlanta & Augusta. Both Greensboro & Madison are worth a visit. Madison has some of the loveliest homes ever seen ...
joshua_hill_house.jpg

"The town Sherman thought too pretty to burn" as they tell it there... if you go for that "Moonlight & Magnolias" B.S.

animator

One of the Regulars
The people at the Executive Shop have been very helpful to me and they had an interesting selection (including boaters) last time I was there (a year ago). I bought my dad his first fedora there!

I think they have a 10% coupon on the web you can print or mention when you are there. It's a small shop, but I always enjoy going there.

HatDoc

One of the Regulars
Mr E Train said:
Slim pickings, I'm afraid. The only one I know of is The Executive Shop.

http://www.theexecutiveshop.com

Yeah......it ain't much, but it's the only thing going for now. The owner is nice. He doesn't know a lot about vintage hats, but he does carry a lot of the current stuff, if you dont mind tapered crowns. Has a lot of straws, too. One word of caution....it's in the middle of Downtown Atlanta and the APD strictly enforces the parking meters.....I found out the hard way on my first visit there. :mad: Bring lots of quarters to feed the machine.

I've bought several hats at HorseTown. It's really a western wear store, but they always have some fedoras there. Not a large selection by any means. Awesome selection of jeans, belts, work boots and cowboy boots at good prices. They also have hat carriers like this:

HatCase1_sm.jpg

HatCase3_sm.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR