Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indiana Jones style hat

mikeg

New in Town
Well I did it. I ordered a hat from Garrisons. I really like the look of the hat!
David says it will be 5 or 6 weeks for delivery. Now I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. This is going to be a long 5 or 6 weeks.

Thanks to everyone for the tips on hat choices!

Mike

DJH

I'll Lock Up
I think you'll like it, Mike. I was wearing mine this morning as it happens for a nice long walk with my doggies.

The felt is super soft, but the hat is very tough as well. Mine's been through rain, snow, been dropped in mud and looks as good as the day it arrived. David was talking about being able to make a grey Indy hat as well at some point - if he does (for the same great price) I'd get one for sure.

Here's my Garrison after I'd cleared the snow off our cars the other morning

smugshot2025333-L.jpg

I hope you'll post some pics of your Garrison when it arrives.

Altiori

One of the Regulars
Mike et al:
I second everything that has been said about Garrison hats. I just received mine today. It is well made, beautiful to look at--but not so beautiful that you worry about wearing it. It is, indeed, a hat that fits the IJ character. As well, David Garrison and his wife, Jodi, are--at least through my Email correspondence--the most decent of people. I will try to send pics of the hats once I finish imagining myself running through the jungle to board a float plane and away from my desk job. That may take a while.

Henri Maginot

New in Town
Another thumbs-up for the Akubra Federation. I got mine ten years ago and bashed it myself by using a steaming tea kettle and looking at stills from Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's tough and still looks great after all these years. The hat I'm wearing in my avatar is that Federation, in fact.

mikeg

New in Town
Well I did it. I ordered a hat from Garrisons. I really like the look of the hat!
David says it will be 5 or 6 weeks for delivery. Now I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas. This is going to be a long 5 or 6 weeks.

Thanks to everyone for the tips on hat choices!

Mike

1 week down, 4 or 5 to go!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24