Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy V

willone242

New in Town
Scared me forever

Like most of the good people here, the last film scared me for ever, and if the fifth ever will be made, I just cant take that kind of psycological trauma.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
From the August/September 2009 edition of ODEON Magazine:
indysmaller.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Oh, I'd love to see Indy take on zombies..... Nazi zombies, the result of an escaped Nazi scientist's attempt to engineer an army of Aryan supermen to re-establish Hitler's Reich..... :love:

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
And then they can clone Hitler in a South American country and then... shucks I think they already made that movie...:D

Naphtali

Practically Family
Doctor Strange said:
I knew they'd do another one, Crystal Skull made lots of money.

Personally, I was vastly disappointed in Crystal Skull - I thought it was a sloppy mess, way below Spielberg's usual work, quite apart from being an Indy film - so I think I'll be waiting for cable for the next one.
Look carefully at Mr. Spielberg's body of work. You will notice ill-conceived, poorly rendered motion pictures -- as you will with all directors -- mixed with excellent entertainment. Problems with the last Jones motion picture were myriad: unexciting script; self-consciousness of its pastiche that caused characters to attempt to be "Jones-ish" rather than have characters portray themselves with verisimilitude while allowing the plot to render those portrayals interesting or humorous, or poignant or other. I was reminded strongly of "The Mummy" rather than "Raiders of the Lost Ark." In essence, the motion picture was created "by the numbers," almost phoned in.

The younger actor must have something on the producers. No other explanation for his being in the motion picture is reasonable. I'm a more believable, more likeable character than he. So's my rocking chair.

Other Jones motion pictures, regardless of their McGuffins, were smaller, more intimate -- and more distant in time. The Soviet Union and UFOs are recent enough to remain real bogeymen while Nazi Germany is remote enough to be fascinating.

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
I'll go see the next one because it's an excuse to eat a huge tub of popcorn and drink a 208 ounce soda. :D I don't spend much time dissecting a movie that is simply meant to entertain so I supect I will enjoy a 5th.

Ethan Bentley

One Too Many
Naphtali said:
Other Jones motion pictures, regardless of their McGuffins, were smaller, more intimate -- and more distant in time. The Soviet Union and UFOs are recent enough to remain real bogeymen while Nazi Germany is remote enough to be fascinating.

Reminds me of Playmobil, I seem to recall they will not make modern soldiers but they will have cowboys, vikings, pirates and knights because their conflicts were seen as "resolved".

Naphtali

Practically Family
Ethan Bentley said:
Reminds me of Playmobil, I seem to recall they will not make modern soldiers but they will have cowboys, vikings, pirates and knights because their conflicts were seen as "resolved".
Perhaps, Playmobil might rethink their production of pirates -- unless they are all in white face and mutter, "Arrgh." The Pacific, surrounding Indonesia, and the Indian Ocean near Africa's east coast kind've render pirates something less than resolved.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I think it's been said on here before, and I agree: They need to reboot the franchise if they're going to make more films - not because Harrison Ford isn't a great Indy, but because the '50s and '60s are no place for Indiana Jones.

Have Ford pick out a replacement (preferably not LaBoeuf) and bridge the gap between "The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles" and "Temple of Doom." As I recall there were some excellent novels written about the period.

Sadly, I think Lucas is what held "Crystal Skull" back - the guy just does embarassing parodies of his (excellent) early work now. Thank goodness he hasn't taken a renewed interest in "American Graffiti" or we'd probably have CGI rat rods running around in the background.

-Dave

RBH

Bartender
handlebar bart said:
I'll go see the next one because it's an excuse to eat a huge tub of popcorn and drink a 208 ounce soda. :D I don't spend much time dissecting a movie that is simply meant to entertain so I supect I will enjoy a 5th.
Im with you Bart.
Truthfully none can top the first... but all the others we great fun and I enjoyed them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner