Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Indy V

mike

Call Me a Cab
The final installment needs to be Indiana Jones and the search for the Lost Horizon. Involves the search for shangri la & living forever ala Capra's Lost Horizon & the various versions of She. The themes completely compliment the time he really lived in; shangri la was a pop culture fascination at the time and the character is getting older, so he can stay struggle with the question of he is an aging man out of time and all that waits for him outside the gates is death while in this mythic forever city he could reign with a mad queen....!

If that doesn't make sense, I don't know what does!

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
I'd go see it, even if I hate Marion. Well, no... I love to hate her. I love her and hate her at the same time.

It's hard to explain.

But I was sad he got married. I think it went against his character... And I for one loved the fridge scene. :p But I'll only go if Indy is Indy. I wasn't fond of Shia being in there at all. I don't find him particularly handsome or really needed... But whatever, I didn't mind terribly. As long as he doesn't take over.

Edit: I didn't like the alien aspect of the newer movie. I felt it was against the reoccurring theme of... religious artifacts... not alien ones. But as long as there's no more melting faces, aliens are fine by me.

ClothesHorse

Familiar Face
I'm with many hated 2, and 4. Didn't like the alien part. If the new one would dump aliens you betcha!

You could adapt many of the "Dead Sea Scrolls", lost books of the bible, etc books for an idea. Fight orthodoxy. Incan, and Aztec cultures could be looked at. Fountain of Youth?? Hernando Cortez. Coronado Camped at the Antelope Hills, in OK 1541 while looking to the Aztec gold...Maybe it's still hidden?? Robbers Roost in No Man's Land. Keep it in the US and Gold always brings out the best in people.

Yeah- I'd go.

CH

Lady Jessica

One of the Regulars
They can't do the fountain of Youth, they already discovered the fountain of youth on his ride at Disneyland. Nah, just kidding. That'd be a neat movie, I think. But Marion would have to be in the new movie, since they got married... so it'd be the same characters. What I really enjoyed about the three movies is that each movie had a different lady, so if you didn't like one, you had two others you might like. Or he might like. ;)

matei

One Too Many
I liked IV just because we got the chance to see Indiana Jones again on the big screen. I didn't care for the Le Bouef kid, I don't think he is a very convincing actor. I would be very disappointed if they tried to pass the fedora on to him.

As one of the previous posters brought up... if the Indiana Jones concept follows that of the 007 franchise, and they decide to pass the role on to another actor, what about yer man from Mad Men as a possible Indy?

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
matei said:
I liked IV just because we got the chance to see Indiana Jones again on the big screen. I didn't care for the Le Bouef kid, I don't think he is a very convincing actor. I would be very disappointed if they tried to pass the fedora on to him.

As one of the previous posters brought up... if the Indiana Jones concept follows that of the 007 franchise, and they decide to pass the role on to another actor, what about yer man from Mad Men as a possible Indy?

Although anything is possible in Hollywood, I dont see the hat being passed to Mutt.

There is no logic whatsoever in the character of Mutt Williams wearing a fedora, or any of Indy's clothes, given his personality, and the time he about to enter into. And LaBoeuf cant really go back in time to play Indy himself because he's already played Indy's son.

After the next movie, if it stars Ford, I think they will have to go back in time with another actor playing Indy. Look, they said it couldnt be done with Bond, and it was. It was also done with Batman, and no one is crying over Michael Keaton, afaik.

The new Indy will most likely be some relatively unknown-at-that-time actor, and the role will rocket him to stardom, if he's truly fit for the role, and does a good job.

As usual, ymmv.

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
Indiana Jones V: The New Beginning, Part 1

Indy V would fast forward to 1980s, where Indy and Marion live in Leisure World. They are staving off bankruptcy because his university pension was used up in legal fees suing Unsolved Mysteries, claiming they used portions of his unpublished manuscript, Crystal Skulls and Nihilism For Today, without recompensing him.

Mutt shows up, looking for money, but Indy suddenly collapses, and as he starts slipping away, there’s a knock at the door and Will Smith enters, with a batch of medical records. He shows the Joneses the results of DNA tests that prove he is the real son of Indy and someone else whose identity is unknown. Will and Mutt scuffle, and Will shows he’s the real Indy progeny by restraining Mutt with handy lamp cords. Mutt cries a lot and runs to his moped.

Marion becomes hysterical, and Indy is too comatose to respond. Will says he can locate the evidence that proves Unsolved Mysteries stole the only known manuscript of Crystal Skulls etc. There ensues a rip-roaring roller coaster of an action movie as Will, with the advice and counsel of the enigmatic Thomas Noguchi, blazes his way across Los Angeles freeways, killer smog, ruthless inflation, deadly video arcades, and booby-trapped Cabbage Patch dolls.

After much derring-do, Will locates the evidence in the vast labyrinth of caverns hidden beneath the Bradbury Building. But suddenly, at the last minute, Robert Stack leaps into the scene and wrestles the papers from Will. He then says something like “You have no idea who you’re going up against,” and disappears, leaving open the possibility of Indy VI.

LordBest

Practically Family
I'm fairly sure in an interview Harrison Ford said he would not be passing the hat to anyone, and that he had the final say in the matter. This was shorlty after the release of Crystal Skull.

Edward

Bartender
Mike K. said:
So, given the rare possibility that Steven Spielberg might be reading this thread and taking our suggestions to heart, who would you vote to be the replacement Indiana Jones?

I geuinely can't imagin anyone else in the part..... hmmmn, maybe Brendan Fraser, but that would have to be in a parallel world where the Mummy franchise didn't happen....

LeeB

Familiar Face
For as many times as I have (apparently) been mistaken for Indy on the streets of this fair city, I can only assume that I have some passing resemblance. Therefore, I humbly accept (officially) the role of "Indiana Jones".

Mr. Speilberg, my closeup!

bobalooba

One of the Regulars
Lady Jessica said:
religious artifacts... not alien ones. But as long as there's no more melting faces, aliens are fine by me.

I think it's interesting to note that raiders and the last crusade are more well liked, they had indy searching for well known religious artifiacts, temple of doom had him searching for magical rocks, there's just no way you can get behind a story like that.

I also think it's interesting that people seem to not like shia and feel he is unnecessary, much like short round in temple.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
bobalooba said:
I think it's interesting to note that raiders and the last crusade are more well liked, they had indy searching for well known religious artifiacts, temple of doom had him searching for magical rocks, there's just no way you can get behind a story like that.

I also think it's interesting that people seem to not like shia and feel he is unnecessary, much like short round in temple.

actually, most movie going public in 80-81 didnt know what an ark of the covenant was. when they heard of a movie coming out called "Raider's of the lost Ark" their first thought was Noah's ark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner