Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ink removal from Stetson silverbelly

Stoney

Practically Family
Nice job!

I'll have to get my hands on some of that ink remover.

BTW: I did buy a used nomex flight jacket one time that the previous owner, the clever devil, had written his name in Sharpie Marker on the front. I soaked the jacket with plain old ladies hair spray and the marker ink blotted right up. The jacket was good as new.

Jabos

A-List Customer
I tried denatured alcohol and it took out a ball point pen mark on my silverbelly. It really works immediately. I started with a Qtip and it removed about 95% of the mark. It was still faintly visible. I noticed that the Qtip did not soak up the ink but merely caused it to dissipate into the surrounding felt. I then went back using a thick white sock. That soaked it up and voila! I assume rubbing alcohol would also work.

jbucklin

Practically Family
Emergency! Please help.

I just got my new Deluxe Fed IV Moonstone this last Saturday and noticed it had a black stain about 1 1/2" long on the top of the brim. I don't know what it is---could be ink since I have a collection of fountain pens, but then again I don't know. I lightly sanded it and then used a wet hat sponge but there is still some of the stain left. This is one of my favorite hats! The Heritage Moonstone is so beautiful and I am very pissed! Should I keep sanding? And if so, what grit sandpaper should I be using?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred