Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Insurrection, Seattle, WA

mrc

Familiar Face
I've been an Insurrection customer for a while now and I just wanted to post up to say how incredible I believe this shop to be. I've been all over the US and Europe and I've never been to a shop where I can try on all of my favorite brands, back to back, comparing fits, leathers, styles, etc. This shop is truly amazing and it's the topic of this post.

I began my jacket buying excursion with Insurrection with a 1930s original Hercules Half Belt that is still one of my favorite jackets to date. I've since purchased their Aero 1930s Half Belt, their Vanson PLU-3, their Aero J-106 Buco J-24 Replica Jacket, their Vanson CHP, their Aero Cafe' Racer, and I'm presold with an Aero J-100 Replica jacket. I had previously gone with other outfitters and, unfortunately, found myself quite disappointed with fits. Insurrection has fit under their thumb, in large part, I'm sure, to the fact that they deal with so many vintage jackets.

Wade, Carrie, and Sally are truly exceptional individuals. They are ardent supporters of both the NorCal and NW motorcycle scene as well as the WMRRA Open Superbike sponsors. In short, my money to them helps motorcyclists keep their rights as motorcyclists and helps racers do what they truly love. This is money in the right direction!

I think at some point in time, Wade or Carrie may have posted a picture of me in an Aero, but I thought I'd finally do it. This shop is one in 1,000,000, truly. Insurrection's fits are second to none, and I would encourage each and every Fedora Lounge member to contact Insurrection if they're interested in a motorcycle jacket. Wade is an accomplished motorcycle racer and knows what triple digit falls do to both the body and to a leather garment. For that reason alone, I put myself in Insurrection's hands! Wade knows protection as well as quality like no one else in the luxury outerwear market, and therefore, I trust my skin to him.

Here's my Aero Insurrection 1930s Half Belt. I simply love it. It's the best jacket I've ever owned. This picture was taken the day I bought it. Photo credit to Carrie Van Dyke.

Elvis-1.jpg

Here's my Aero Insurrection Cafe' Racer. This was the day I bought it, but it's broken in and looks absolutely amazing! Photo credit to Carrie Van Dyke.

Elvis1.jpg

Last edited:

Faster

New in Town
I've been an Insurrection customer for a while now and I just wanted to post up to say how incredible I believe this shop to be. I've been all over the US and Europe and I've never been to a shop where I can try on all of my favorite brands, back to back, comparing fits, leathers, styles, etc. This shop is truly amazing and it's the topic of this post.

I began my jacket buying excursion with Insurrection with a 1930s original Hercules Half Belt that is still one of my favorite jackets to date. I've since purchased their Aero 1930s Half Belt, their Vanson PLU-3, their Aero J-106 Buco J-24 Replica Jacket, their Vanson CHP, their Aero Cafe' Racer, and I'm presold with an Aero J-100 Replica jacket. I had previously gone with other outfitters and, unfortunately, found myself quite disappointed with fits. Insurrection has fit under their thumb, in large part, I'm sure, to the fact that they deal with so many vintage jackets.

Wade, Carrie, and Sally are truly exceptional individuals. They are ardent supporters of both the NorCal and NW motorcycle scene as well as the WMRRA Open Superbike sponsors. In short, my money to them helps motorcyclists keep their rights as motorcyclists and helps racers do what they truly love. This is money in the right direction!

I think at some point in time, Wade or Carrie may have posted a picture of me in an Aero, but I thought I'd finally do it. This shop is one in 1,000,000, truly. Insurrection's fits are second to none, and I would encourage each and every Fedora Lounge member to contact Insurrection if they're interested in a motorcycle jacket. Wade is an accomplished motorcycle racer and knows what triple digit falls do to both the body and to a leather garment. For that reason alone, I put myself in Insurrection's hands! Wade knows protection as well as quality like no one else in the luxury outerwear market, and therefore, I trust my skin to him.

Here's my Aero Insurrection 1930s Half Belt. I simply love it. It's the best jacket I've ever owned. This picture was taken the day I bought it. Photo credit to Carrie Van Dyke.

Elvis-1.jpg

Here's my Aero Insurrection Cafe' Racer. This was the day I bought it, but it's broken in and looks absolutely amazing! Photo credit to Carrie Van Dyke.

Elvis1.jpg

Great jackets! I agree completely with everything you said! I've bought multiple jackets from Insurrection as well and I'm so happy that they're here in our area!

BTW, great jacket pictures that you posted up!...the jackets look like they need to be broken in a bit (I'm sure you've already done that!), but they're awesome...

What type of bike are you riding?

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
I have a custom Vanson CHP on order with Insurrection. I can't speak to the jacket, as it's not yet ready, but the several times I've spoken to either Wade or Carrie on the phone, they were both great to talk with. You can tell that they both have tons of knowledge for vintage threads, and a real enthusiasm for what they do.

tone12

New in Town
It's great to hear about shops like this. I'll be in Seattle this summer and am planning on making a stop at Insurrection. Hopefully to part with some money on a sweet jacket!

mrc

Familiar Face
Great jackets! I agree completely with everything you said! I've bought multiple jackets from Insurrection as well and I'm so happy that they're here in our area!

BTW, great jacket pictures that you posted up!...the jackets look like they need to be broken in a bit (I'm sure you've already done that!), but they're awesome...

What type of bike are you riding?

I'm currently rebuilding a Triumph Bonnie...and ride a reissue. The jackets at Insurrection seem to fit the 1960s look and feel of my bike perfectly!

I have a custom Vanson CHP on order with Insurrection. I can't speak to the jacket, as it's not yet ready, but the several times I've spoken to either Wade or Carrie on the phone, they were both great to talk with. You can tell that they both have tons of knowledge for vintage threads, and a real enthusiasm for what they do.

Geez! I've seen Wade's custom CHP in person! That has to be the coolest jacket that I've ever seen! It's such a show stopper, nothing can compare! Did you get the glass jeweled belt with spotting with the CHP?

It's great to hear about shops like this. I'll be in Seattle this summer and am planning on making a stop at Insurrection. Hopefully to part with some money on a sweet jacket!

Definitely stop by...you will leave with the very best jacket money can buy!

erikb02809

One of the Regulars
When I ordered it in October, I said I wanted the belt. Exact words were something along the lines of "I'd like it exactly like on the website, belt, collar; everything." I remember Wade talking about how it doesn't have the contrast panels like some other jeweled western belts, because if the jacket is being used for riding, they end up getting dingey looking fast (the light panels on the belt that is). Most of what we talked about was sizing though, and whether I should go with a 42 or 44 (I wear 43R athletic cut suits).

However, now I see on the site that in the description text it has been added saying the belt isn't included but is available separately. Not sure if that is a change in policy, or merely added specificity to what was already the case.

It'll be a bit of a bummer if it doesn't come with the belt, but when people communicate (especially literally clear across the country, over the phone), sometimes misunderstandings happen. I really like the looks of the belt for sure. I also couldn't make up my mind what color collar I liked, so I ordered two: one white, and one Buco brown. I'm really psyched about receiving the jacket.

Edit: Also, I should note, the long wait was because of Vanson, not Insurrection. Insurrection didn't get the jacket to work on until last month, because Vanson has apparently slowed down jacket production because of the crummy economy putting a damper on demand for jackets.

Last edited:

Mojo1975

Sponsoring Affiliate
When I ordered it in October, I said I wanted the belt. Exact words were something along the lines of "I'd like it exactly like on the website, belt, collar; everything." I remember Wade talking about how it doesn't have the contrast panels like some other jeweled western belts, because if the jacket is being used for riding, they end up getting dingey looking fast (the light panels on the belt that is). Most of what we talked about was sizing though, and whether I should go with a 42 or 44 (I wear 43R athletic cut suits).

However, now I see on the site that in the description text it has been added saying the belt isn't included but is available separately. Not sure if that is a change in policy, or merely added specificity to what was already the case.

It'll be a bit of a bummer if it doesn't come with the belt, but when people communicate (especially literally clear across the country, over the phone), sometimes misunderstandings happen. I really like the looks of the belt for sure. I also couldn't make up my mind what color collar I liked, so I ordered two: one white, and one Buco brown. I'm really psyched about receiving the jacket.

Edit: Also, I should note, the long wait was because of Vanson, not Insurrection. Insurrection didn't get the jacket to work on until last month, because Vanson has apparently slowed down jacket production because of the crummy economy putting a damper on demand for jackets.

We've got the belt all ready for ya...it's a nice sucker too!!! We had to increase the price of the custom CHPs due to demand as well as the price of the belts, but we honor the prices we quote at the time of purchase! Erikb, your jacket will be great, and, certainly, it will have the jeweled and spotted belt...that's the way you purchased it! Carrie's currently putting all of the custom CHPs together...they look great!

Thank you to all above who have posted. We at Insurrection are glad to feel so appreciated! We will continue to try our best to carry the very best in outerwear!!!

Last edited:

Lama

New in Town
Insurrection is a great shop, and Wade and the gang really are good people. I ordered a jacket via phone, and it showed up absolutely perfect, just as promised. A rare shop that "gets it". Anyone who wants a Vanson, I suggest you buy from Insurrection, and save yourself the grief of dealing directly with them.

Faster

New in Town
Insurrection is a great shop, and Wade and the gang really are good people. I ordered a jacket via phone, and it showed up absolutely perfect, just as promised. A rare shop that "gets it". Anyone who wants a Vanson, I suggest you buy from Insurrection, and save yourself the grief of dealing directly with them.

+1!!!

Does Insurrection have available any of the Aero jackets in brown FQHH?

I ordered an Aero from Insurrection in Cordovan and it was incredible! It was also great because it was produced with one of their batches on order and I received it much sooner than the standard 12 weeks!!! Awesome shop!!!

Last edited:

mrc

Familiar Face
Is that a standard mouton collar or detachable? Feel free to post more pics, including some of your vintage Hercules!!

The collar is detachable with two buttons on the inside, back of the collar. You can see how Insurrection designed the button on mouton collar on their webpage at www.insurrectionvintage.com. The pictures of how they do it are on their "Online Shopping: New Leather Jackets" tab. By the way, they have a lot that isn't on that page, so ask if you want something that you don't see. It's amazing what Wade has just pulled out of a pile....he's like..."oh, here that is...", pulling a jacket that I asked about out of a pile of about 20 jackets or somewhere stuffed in the back. Back on topic--it's great to be able to take the mouton collar on and off! I'll post pictures of the Hercules when I get some...it's an amazing jacket!

Rambler

New in Town
+1!!!

I ordered an Aero from Insurrection in Cordovan and it was incredible! It was also great because it was produced with one of their batches on order and I received it much sooner than the standard 12 weeks!!! Awesome shop!!!

Great, thanks. I'll reach out to them to see what they have available.

cts488

New in Town
Hi all! I'm new to the site...at least as a "poster," but I have to say that I've shopped at Insurrection and it's an incredible shop. From all of the racing photos to the old school Vanson suits to cafe' racers galore, Insurrection has it down. You can get things there that you can't get anywhere else. With incredible products and amazing customer service, I can't recommend Insurrection more.

I did have a question about Insurrection though? How are the fits of their Aero Half Belts? They look slim as hell! mrc, how would you compare the Insurrection Half Belt fit to "stock?"

Last edited:

Bucoholic

New in Town
I bought a 30's Aero half belt from Wade and Carrie 3 months ago. After owning a number of other high end jackets (including 2 Lost Worlds custom jobs), my search has ended. Insurrection's design work on the '30's half belt is really incredible. Very form fitted compared to a regular Aero model. It has a real vintage vibe, isn't the slightest bit boxy, and fits like a glove. Those guys (Wade and Carrie) really know what they're doing, and I am totally happy with the jacket.

cts488

New in Town
I bought a 30's Aero half belt from Wade and Carrie 3 months ago. After owning a number of other high end jackets (including 2 Lost Worlds custom jobs), my search has ended. Insurrection's design work on the '30's half belt is really incredible. Very form fitted compared to a regular Aero model. It has a real vintage vibe, isn't the slightest bit boxy, and fits like a glove. Those guys (Wade and Carrie) really know what they're doing, and I am totally happy with the jacket.

This is an excellent description of Insurrection's Aero 1930s Half Belt. Thanks Bucoholic! I tried one on today and couldn't believe the fit. Extraordinary!

However.............., once I got a glimpse of the Insurrection Custom Vanson CHP, customized right in the shop, I absolutely had to have one. Sooooooooooo......................, I'm the new owner of the best jacket I've ever tried on! An amalgamation of Vanson's quality and Insurrection's vision, here's my new CHP--Button cuffs; nickel chest zip pocket with blue zipper tape; mixed brass and nickel hardware; black mouton snap-on fur collar; the perfect fit...

Insurrection, as previously stated, is truly one of the best shops out there! If you get a chance, definitely stop in!

Anival3.jpg

Last edited:

mrc

Familiar Face
This is an excellent description of Insurrection's Aero 1930s Half Belt. Thanks Bucoholic! I tried one on today and couldn't believe the fit. Extraordinary!

However.............., once I got a glimpse of the Insurrection Custom Vanson CHP, customized right in the shop, I absolutely had to have one. Sooooooooooo......................, I'm the new owner of the best jacket I've ever tried on! An amalgamation of Vanson's quality and Insurrection's vision, here's my new CHP--Button cuffs; nickel chest zip pocket with blue zipper tape; mixed brass and nickel hardware; black mouton snap-on fur collar; the perfect fit...

Insurrection, as previously stated, is truly one of the best shops out there! If you get a chance, definitely stop in!

Anival3.jpg

Christ! That is one bad ass jacket! Congratulations!!! I love the black mouton snap-on collar. VERY SHARP! The things Insurrection does to this jacket are very vintage inspired. Their knowledge of vintage really comes through in their designs and modifications. Really, it's more like a 1950s Langlitz than it is like a modern day Vanson (hell, it's more of a 1950s Langlitz then Langlitz can make!), and, in my book, that's something very rare and very cool! Again, great jacket!

Has anyone ever told you that you should be a model? Great photograph!!!

Last edited:

cts488

New in Town
Christ! That is one bad ass jacket! Congratulations!!! I love the black mouton snap-on collar. VERY SHARP! The things Insurrection does to this jacket are very vintage inspired. Their knowledge of vintage really comes through in their designs and modifications. Really, it's more like a 1950s Langlitz than it is like a modern day Vanson (hell, it's more of a 1950s Langlitz then Langlitz can make!), and, in my book, that's something very rare and very cool! Again, great jacket!

Has anyone ever told you that you should be a model? Great photograph!!!

mrc, Thanks...and thanks also for the OP, as it prompted me to stop by Insurrection again...this time they had just what I was looking for!

My brother models, but I don't think it's for me...LOL...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy