Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Interesting article on Vintage & "Dandyism"

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
Very interesting piece. I love the idea of the men in South Africa reclaiming the past that was denied to their grandparents and I applaud the ingenuity that goes into adapting old clothes to their style.

On a more personal note, I can particularly sympathize with the Japanese gentleman as love of vintage often causes one to cross paths with elements who are fond of the less-savory aspects of the era--or to have the less-well-informed assume you are of that sort.

And that straw boater looks swell with the more traditional elements of his dress.

Bigger Don

Practically Family
I'm kind of a fringe member around here. In short, I came here to learn about hats but not big into vintage hats or lifestyle, leather jackets, etc. I enjoy my time and interactions, but don't feel like I've got any of the "religions". Sometimes I see some level of dandyism described in the article.

But that's not the most interesting thing, to me. The caption on the first photo used the word "flaneur(s)", a word that I didn't remember ever seeing, so I looked it up...gee whiz! One of the meanings is "lounger"

Kinda fun!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner