Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introduction

LinkandShiek

New in Town
Im kinda new to fedoras and to this site. I got my first and so far only fedora for my birthday a couple of months ago.
IMG_20130520_152814_zps0bac3670.jpg.html

IMG_20130520_152827_zps5e8f6678.jpg.html

Crazy Dave

Familiar Face
Hi all, new here. Seems you can't find any information about hats in general and certainly Fedora's without ending up at this place. First of all, I'd like to congratulate you for having such a nice place.

I'm 44 years old, a purchaser at the public transportation company here in Brussels, Belgium. I'm also a rock 'n roll musician. Started wearing hats a few years back because I was cold. Shaving ones head in winter tends to do that. ;) Worked my way up from a wool fedora (it died after the first rain) straight to the nicer fur felt ones. I wear cowboy boots (started out because I was cold too, and now I can't wear anything else), waistcoats, and a nice 7X beaver cowboy hat. That last one gets some looks and comments, but it's my best hat, and the only one that doesn't care what weather it is. [huh]

I was looking for a nice Fedora so as to not always be wearing the Rodeo hat, after browsing this place for a while, and fruitless attempts to get answers at hatters stores in Brussels and online (jeez, you'd think they were still using mercury:eusa_doh:), just ordered two Fed IV Deluxes. :D

Anyway, hope I can stick around for a while, this really is a nice place.

Cheers,

David.

cigar joe

New in Town
Howdy

Howdy all, I joined just before a trip to Seattle & Montana (with slim to none internet connections which I'm still in the middle of), a native of NYC who lived 24 years in Montana. I love Westerns and Film Noir, currently making short video homages to Film Noir which of course has a lot of fedoras ;-)

here is a still from Anaconda, Montana, outside the Club Modern.
CM01_zpsb11c082e.jpg

g.durand

One Too Many
cigar joe--really nice photo. I'm a fan of B&W photography and the photographic and cinematographic style of Film Noir. Welcome to the Lounge. I look forward to seeing more.

Hey guys, stumbled across this forum a while back and have been enjoying the reading - seems like a lot of stuff I'm interested in is appreciated by folks here so I figured I'd wade on in.

Fiona

New in Town
Hi there,

my name is Fiona, I'm 29 yo and I have recently gotten increasingly interested in the fedora look and I'm now determined to try it out myself. However, I would consider myself a newb to hats in general, so I signed up here hoping to maybe find other women or helpful gents who could advise me with my first Fedora purchase. So I'm looking forward to my experience on this forum and the tips and recommendations you guys can tell me :)
Best

Fiona

Highway Patrol

New in Town
Hi, Folks. This is my first post--have been lurking around this site for a while and decided to take the plunge and sign up. The group looks friendly and, hey, it IS about hats, right?
I've always been a "hat guy," and was probably influenced by the fedoras my dad wore when I was little, so over the last few years, I've purchased a couple of fedoras and really enjoy wearing them when I go out. I'm retired now and live in the D.C. area, which I'm not sure is really much of a hat town--I'm originally from Chicago where I think you can still see more hats. Anyways, I look forward to interacting with you all, and look forward to your guidance as I learn more about hats. Thanks for having me aboard!

TOuten2

Familiar Face
I just as we'll introduce myself, and give up lurking. I'm from North Carolina, and relatively new to the Fedora style hats. I've had a Bailey Briar for a few months now, and figure it's time to invest in a quality hat.

As far as clothing style, I'm not much one for suits, but I do like the working man styles of the 30's. All of my trousers (jeans and slacks) have suspender buttons sewn in. Long sleeve button up shirts only. lately, I've developed an eye for bow ties...go figure.

I have already learned a lot from my lurking. This is a fantastic forum. Good to see some Brother Master Masons as well.

Tim

zenid

New in Town
Hello everyone! My name is Deniz and I just recently developed an interest in hats. I've been lurkin around for quite a while now (and I'm really grateful for all the information I already got).
For years I thought hats would just not suit me. However, a few weeks ago I finally bought my first hat and I'm quite surprised by all the positve responses I got so far from friends, family and random strangers ;) I guess my interest in hats, and especially fedoras, comes from 40s and 50s Noir and at least partially from the Indiana Jones movies.

Greetings from the netherlands!

JonnyO

A-List Customer
Hi there,

my name is Fiona, I'm 29 yo and I have recently gotten increasingly interested in the fedora look and I'm now determined to try it out myself. However, I would consider myself a newb to hats in general, so I signed up here hoping to maybe find other women or helpful gents who could advise me with my first Fedora purchase. So I'm looking forward to my experience on this forum and the tips and recommendations you guys can tell me :)
Best

Fiona

Welcome Fiona, it's nice to find another local on here.

Jomodad

New in Town
Hello. I am Michael aka: jomodad. I have been in to hats since... Forever. I had a craniotomy and started making hats as art therapy. I like the old school open crown hand bash and brim shape.cowboy and fedora for the most part.

I made my own blocks so far. I did some hand shaping and those are all re-blocked now. I have worked with toro, panama, fur and wool. I will post some of my stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

zardac

New in Town
Hello,

I'm a person who enjoys continuity more than creativity when it comes to my accouterments.

I've driven the same make and model of car for some twenty five years, used the same basic style of dress for most my life, I've enjoyed marriage to the same woman, and have had only Stetson fedoras atop my noggin since the early '80's.

Now- abruptly- I've plunged headfirst into the chaos of the unknown, with yesterday's mail order purchase of a Borsalino Como.

This uncharacteristic impetuousness was driven by a curiously strong desire to encounter a Navy Blue Fedora.

No telling where this may end.

I could be hedging perilously close to pink mohawk territory.

We'll see.

Welcome, Zardac! Sounds to me like you will enjoy your time here, as there are a lot of us. Sad, but true, my friend.
I'm trying to think what hat would work best with a pink Mohawk...;)

Twinblaze

New in Town
Hello all. I'm Mike.

I've browsed around here a couple times for information and advice since I decided to up my style last year, and figured I'd finally just sign up for an account.

Let's see, a bit about me. I'm a writer and a college student, although I'm currently taking a break from the latter, teaching English in Jordan as a way to explore the world outside the US and save up a bit of money.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner