Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Introductions and your help

Wild Root said:
YES! I have to say I like the cap-toe shoes better. They look very smooth and also they were a popular style in the 30's and 40's.

You're going to look rather sharp I'm sure of that. But, let us see some photos of you in the threads!

I agree with Root. Those shoes look much better than the first pair you had. Bostonians are great shoes and they have been around a long time. It might be possible that they were making the same style back in the time period you are looking to emulate. I know I have a pair of spectators from them that go back to at least the middle 1940s.
That ensemble is coiming together well now.

Regards to all,

J

crazylegsmurphy

One of the Regulars
Thought you guys might want to see how the suit turned out. I have decided by this pic I have gotten way to chubby, and I am going to drop 15 pounds by the wedding! :D

Anyway, here I am.

suit_17.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Umm, why does the suit coat look like it's buttoned on the wrong side?

Looks pretty snazzy, otherwise!

Brad

crazylegsmurphy

One of the Regulars
Probably because I am a righty, and it just felt natural to button it that way....but if that is wrong, you guys need to tell me these things BEFORE I go out looking like a fool! :p:D

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Okay, I see. The left side of the coat should crossover the right side. On the inside of the left side of the coat, there should be a single button. The right side of the coat should button to this inside button to keep the coat's shape. Once that's buttoned, the left side can be fastened on the outside.
Did that make any sense?

Brad

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
crazylegsmurphy said:
you guys need to tell me these things BEFORE I go out looking like a fool! :p:D

I doubt anyone even noticed. Most people aren't used to seeing double-breasted suits anymore, so they probably had no idea. I'll bet you were still the sharpest dressed guy there!

Brad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran