Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Is Dryel Safe for my vintage garments?

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
Since dry cleaning takes years off your garments, I've been using dryel to refresh my gab sport shirts, but how safe is it for vintage garments in general?

BegintheBeguine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I only use dryel, and I used to work in a dry cleaners'. Haven't been to a drycleaners' since Dryel was invented. Whoever invented it is my dreamboat!!! I don't hesitate to purchase a stank vintage garment anymore. Never had a problem. I've used it on delicates, silk, bright colors, beading, sequins, even fake fur even tho it says not to. Even bought a kit for when I'm visiting my Mom in Florida and we go vintage shopping. I am however saving up to purchase the Whirlpool Fabric Refresher for around 200 US$, or I may change my mind about actually ordering it when I have that much saved.

Barry

Practically Family
The Whirlpool Refresher is great.

I dropped off a tweed sui for "professional wetcleaning." This was my last resort for the suit. I tried just about everything including Wildroot's vodka and water mixture. The musty BO smell just kept coming back.

I'm a bit worried about the results.

I actually signed a waiver to have this suit cleaned. [huh]

Barry

Grace

Vendor
I always stress when I have an item at a dry cleaners, but for things with interfacing and lining, there isn'ts much of a choice.

I'd be careful using Dryel on silks, as I've had things come out with oily look streaks on them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic